Side stand ...again

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My 2012 bike was recalled months ago re the side stand. Noticed this morning that there was something wrong, and immediately took the bike down to the dealer. The verdict was the the replacement bolt has sheared and only half of it has fallen away. That means that they need to take my exhaust off and drill out the rest of it. I'm presuming this needs to be done VERY carefully to ensure they don't damage something else on the bike....what do I need to look out for when I get it back?

Returning to the side stand....It seems to me there can only be two causes for this
1. The recall service wasn't done properly
2. The recall service was done properly, but doesn't reliably fix the underlying problem

Any thoughts/experiences of others re this?

Cheers

Rick

it should be drilled and a easyout used to get the end of the bolt out if there is no thread damage then you should be ok

Cheers for that Chorsley.

Thought of an option 3 for why its happened, not sure how liekly it is... 3. Something hit the bolt whilst I was out riding it, and caused the break... Suspect I'd have noticed if that were the case?

Latest posts

Back