Selling her, unfortunately, signing off

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
It's with deep regret that I am selling my beloved German. Humberside Police have finally won out and are forcing me off the rd due to their huge resources they are throwing at their anti-bike campaign. Got nicked doing 93 in a 60 a few weeks ago and have just been summonsed. Not here to wang on about all that but just wanted to say how great ive found this forum, the way its run, moderated, the help and advice ive had, the people ive chatted with, oh and the top banter. I've put my bike on the flea and will be putting her back to stock so will offer the bits and pieces on here first before advertising them generally. Here's the link to my bike if anyone wants a tidy S1K http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321159416757?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Anyway, peace out folks, i'll pop in now and again to live my biking thru you nice people
Johnboy

Not good mate! So is it a ban? Gutted you have to sell it :(
I'm having a year off mine,why don't you just put your feet up and wait??

Last edited:
Not good mate! So is it a ban? Gutted you have to sell it :(
I'm having a year off mine,why don't you just put your feet up and wait??

Don't know yet pal, im hoping for 6 points which will take me to 9. Being self employed I hope they'll have a bit of leniency on the ban issue. The problem is that plod round here just up the stakes year on year, its only going to get worse. I go out at 6am and her still been collared 3 times in less than a yr. I may get something to rumble about on a bonnie or something and prob a cbr6 for the track.
I fought the law, and the law won :-(

Not good mate and having 9 points would sky rocket your insurance! I did find when I started doing the tracks days it sort of slowed me down on the road. I know it can be easy to speed but its not worth the hassle,also I drive for a living and that's my livelihood. Hope it goes ok mate.

Sorry to hear this Johnboy, gutted for you mate. just 4 mph over the 'safe' limit thats a bugger!!! What road did they catch you on?

Sorry to hear this Johnboy, gutted for you mate. just 4 mph over the 'safe' limit thats a bugger!!! What road did they catch you on?

Up near Wetwang mate, my back yard. TBH we both think we were under 90 but have been told by a brief there's no point contesting it!

wet wang....what a name.
unlucky for getting caught matey , the brief will have weighed up the size of your discrepancy and is probably trying to save you costs maybe. its hardly an ambiguous error.
sorry you gotta sell your bike though , thats a shitter....
have a nice life :)

Had a similar situation of 94mph in a 60 - ultimately went to court intending to plead not guilty (long story short) said I'd plead guilty to 89mph...and walked away with 5 points. Seemed a little odd to me but I wasn't going to argue - there's a big difference between sitting on 8 points rather than 9 for 3 years. Good luck.

wet wang....what a name.
unlucky for getting caught matey , the brief will have weighed up the size of your discrepancy and is probably trying to save you costs maybe. its hardly an ambiguous error.
sorry you gotta sell your bike though , thats a shitter....
have a nice life :)
Cheers Bob, you too!

Had a similar situation of 94mph in a 60 - ultimately went to court intending to plead not guilty (long story short) said I'd plead guilty to 89mph...and walked away with 5 points. Seemed a little odd to me but I wasn't going to argue - there's a big difference between sitting on 8 points rather than 9 for 3 years. Good luck.
Cheers mate, did u have a brief? TBH I don't think we were over 90, he did us head on thru a 0.315 mile trap over a mile away using binoculars and a timer, loads of margin for error imo but the brief said the court will accept it as accurate!! Don't really know what to do as know fook all about the courts system and what I can and cant argue without pissing them off any more :-0

get a solicitor that specializes in motoring offences they know all the tricks of the trade

Cheers mate, did u have a brief? TBH I don't think we were over 90, he did us head on thru a 0.315 mile trap over a mile away using binoculars and a timer, loads of margin for error imo but the brief said the court will accept it as accurate!! Don't really know what to do as know fook all about the courts system and what I can and cant argue without pissing them off any more :-0

Hi Johnboy, No, my brief was an arse and let me down so I ended up attending court on my own and just spoke to the duty solicitor.

I would do the maths on how big an error would be required to get you back under 6 point speed - would half a seconds difference in timing bring you back under 90mph? Or check the distance stated to make sure it was accurately measured. I can't see how the method used to record your speed would be 100% accurate (and I don't think the CPS could claim this either) so if you could demonstrate a likely/possible level of innacuracy then offer to plead guilty to the potential lower speed in a bid to save everyone the time and hassle, the PF/CPS might take it: I was caught with LiDAR.

that's shit johnboy good luck mate hope ya not banned mate don't need that when working for ya self -an I never got to meet ya lol. I have a yellow peril if ya ever see one hull wetwang seaways not my cup of tea areas if you about.
oz

I had a similar situation a good few years back, I asked the Judge if we could re-jiggle my sentence.... i.e remove the points and extend my ban so that when I came back it would be on a clean license, they obliged, no debates the judge agreed and it was done.

Another time I had my points reduced and the Fine extended as I argued that the points would hurt my family (no ins. means no ride for the children, not that i have any ;)) and that they should not be penalised for my mistake. The Judge argued that a financial penalty would also affect my family. To which I argued at least I can pick the kids up from school. Again they Obliged.

Is there no chance to come out of this OK?

Was speaking with a guy at the raven last night that got 6 points for 140mph , wasn't banned as he wouldn't be able to support his family without a license.
he didnt attend and paid a solicitor £100 for a letter or mitigation

Was speaking with a guy at the raven last night that got 6 points for 140mph , wasn't banned as he wouldn't be able to support his family without a license.
he didnt attend and paid a solicitor £100 for a letter or mitigation

Very lucky guy - would have to be some serious circumstances (empty motorway at 3am?) and a very good day for the magistrate... I've seen headline news and significant jailtime for 146 up here and that was 3am on an empty bypass...

Back