Fired up then died

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_S1K_RR

Reaction score
Started bike fine for few seconds then it died. Turns over but won't fire up.
Now stranded at work what a load of shit. 2hr wait for recovery and I can only be supplied with a car that has to be a BMW to and the only one available is a mini. Fuming is an understatement you don't expect this on a 8 month old bike.

Interestingly, I was told when mine was stopped solid in it's service that if BMW had supplied a replacement vehicle themselves, it would have been a car. In the end, the dealer has supplied demo bikes for me for half the time mine has been in for an extended stay (heading for 2 months now....)

Hopefully it's something simple like a sensor gone west and it'll be back before you know it.

I got fuel. Was on the dyno last week but the tank wasn't off. Spoke with a tech at Oxford he said sounds like the pump. But bike is going to Peterborough I don't know what there service team are like and it's 50 miles away from my home. Tested stand switch and it turns over fine no fuel pump noises?

To make things better they sent a flat bed lorry what a joke poor guy came a long way to. bike still stranded and I was supplied a nice brown mini 4hrs later what a service. im so mad just hope its nothing the dyno guy did or I will be picking up a bill

Just great bike fixed just loose fuel connector I can feel a bill coming my way doh. Renewed faith I hope she don't have any more issues.

Back