HP4 crash :(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All

Was me (Karl) I'm on the mend hope to be able to walk by mid August if all OK
I was hit by a foreign car ( Left Hand Drive) pulled out from behind a car straight in front of me I didn't even see it, don't remember anything not even the helicopter ride or the CT scan. Was only doing 50 mph, smashed pelvice ( plate fitted) 4 ribs broken 8 places, collapsed lung, broken collar bone ( also plated) damaged wrists ligament they think.

Don't miss riding on roads but have serious withdrawal symptoms for track days, anyway HP4 gone. I do have a spare set of blue HP4 wheels with discs and ABS rings and brand new Pirelli BSB Slicks, may sell if anyone interested, think they may fit S1000RR

Do you really want the wheels off that impact?

Just spent 5 years recovering after my smash had 4 surgeries so far still waiting on an ankle replacement.- i feel your pain mate, i really do....

Foreign drivers don't indicate let alone use their mirrors, even worse with left hookers.

I hope you recover OK.

I think he means spare as in not the ones on the bike he was riding in the crash - as in the ones with slicks on ready for trackdays.....I guess Karl will confirm, and Karl, hope you get back on track again once sorted - sounds shit luck, but as we can only ever say at times like this - could have been worse, easy saying that sat here mate but be positive and work at it , sure you will do it -cheers, GB.

Wheels are spare set, as I said fitted with Pirelli BSB Slicks, wheels and tyres used on one 20min session only last March was too cold for slicks,

I think he means spare as in not the ones on the bike he was riding in the crash - as in the ones with slicks on ready for trackdays.....I guess Karl will confirm, and Karl, hope you get back on track again once sorted - sounds shit luck, but as we can only ever say at times like this - could have been worse, easy saying that sat here mate but be positive and work at it , sure you will do it -cheers, GB.

Yes spare set, I agree was lucky could have been easily a lot worse, thanks for kind words, I'll never drive on the road again no matter how good a rider you are if someone drives straight into u it's out of your control, I hope next year to start track days again I may just hire a bike to see how it goes

Welcome back to the forum mate. Hope you're on the mend ok, its gonna be seriously frustrating for you at times but you'll get there. All the best.

Well that make a bit more sense. :) So you done with the Operation/s and on the home straight? you will be back, few Hero scars ;-)

Hi Karl used the wheels and slicks for first time at Donnington yesterday, loved them but forgot to ask what cold pressures did you use ?

Always used warmers, Pirelli don't have any data for cold pressures as they are slicks.
Glad you like the wheels and tyres. I'm really missing track days more now.

Hi Karl used the wheels and slicks for first time at Donnington yesterday, loved them but forgot to ask what cold pressures did you use ?

HOT pressures I have found to work best...34psi in front and rear between 24 - 30psi depending on wear pattern.

I know you asked for cold settings but as Karl says, no cold data.

Davy

Always used warmers, Pirelli don't have any data for cold pressures as they are slicks.
Glad you like the wheels and tyres. I'm really missing track days more now.

With not many decent riding days left, weather wise, that should hopefully make you feel a bit better. Roll on next year :) How you doing mate?

Back