Suspension setup in Scotland

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porridgewog

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of any, particularly round the Glasgow area? I heard of Motorcycle Performance Glasgow round the back of the Ducati shop but I don't think it's running anymore.

Aye, he shut up shop a year or so back. He's actually on Scott Redding's pit crew now. I have a mate who knows him and could potentially get a homer done, but he says it's only really doable over the winter off period.

The other I have second-hand positive knowledge of is Eddie at ERS at Knockhill - not exactly Greater Glasgow, I know. Seems to know his shizzle and gets good reports from a few of my mates who have used him for his attitude, service and lack of BS.

Yep Stewart Miller, i was just about to get him to do my bike and then he buggered off to MotoGP, how very dare he.... :p
I ended up using ERS but i'm not very happy with the setup, the bike is very prone to tankslappers now :( i'm going to end up having to revert to stock setup again.

There is another chap in Glasgow that has a great reputation for suspension setup but he no longer does it for a living, he does however do the odd one now and again but getting hold of him is a challenge in itself, his name is Hans Kruger and his wife works in Ride-On Yamaha.

Eddie, ERS ****** Took my Duke 848 to him last year as I had handling issues - Where do I start :- I turned up at 08:30 for him starting at 09:00, he decided not to appear until after 10:00... Simple suspension and front sprocket change - 5hrs. Left Knockhill at 3pm Wtf.. and as for attitude.. We were having a conversation and a loud race car passed so I put 1 foot inside the garage to hear what he was saying and I got the --- wooow this is my proffessional space and for health ans safety ,public are not allowed in.. so marks out of 10 for attitude - 0 How not to run a proffessional company.

Total Wa**er

to coin a phrase- I'll no be back !!!!!!!!!!

Nae the best - to be fair, the guy I know who uses him gets the bike picked up, serviced and set up, tyres fitted and scrubbed in, all without really seeing too much of Eddie apart from at pick-up and drop off.

Stumbled across this forum when googling my own name - as you do.
Would first like to mention to UrbanRacer that if you are not absolutely delighted with the setup - give me a shout. I'll work with you to sort the 'tankslapper' issue you have and if I can't make you feel more confident, comfortable and primarily safer on the bike - I'll give you your money back.

DSD1RR - up most apologies for my attitude for when you were in. Maybe just one of those days... had a lot going on recently. If I can do anything to improve your impression of ERS Racing let me know... how's your bike handling now after I set it up?

I am looking to really push the road suspension set ups along this year. All I want is for you to feel in total control of your bike so you can enjoy it as much as possible in the short window of sunshine we have.
If I can be any assistance to anyone on here, I would be delighted to have you on board.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERS-RACING-LTD/318165440503?ref=hl

Stay safe
Cheers
Eddie

Thought I'd give a little bit of feedback on ERS racing at knockhill.
Was there this affa with my 2016 s1000rr.
Eddie seems like a nice, very helpful, knowledgeable person. My knowledge of suspension set up is very very limited, so thought I'd try going to an expert to set the bike up better for me.

As a lot of you have said, the initial measurements found the pre load to be a little hard for road use, and and both front and rear fully wound out from factory/dealer.

Despite this he had a good fiddle about with the damping settings through the ddc settings, then took the bike for a run himself round the twisty roads towards dunfermline, to fine tune it.

When he came back, I then went out to try it, and what a notable difference. In sport mode, he's set the rear to reb 3, comp 1, and front to -2. He still saying he would recomend softening the front springs by about 5newtons.

The roads were pretty wet, and my rear tyre is pretty squared off and just on legal limit of tread. Even still I found the bike to feel much more stable on braking, and seemed to give me more confidence to push the bike harder than I'd normally dare in the wet.

Now to get it serviced tomorrow, and a new rear tyre fitted, so I can get home to the rock, ditch my luggage and try it on familiar roads, in the dry.

All in all, I would definitely recommend Eddie, and am sure I'll be back to see him again when I finally get round to doing a trackday at knockhill

I got my 2008 Ducati 848 suspension set up by Eddie a few years ago and it was like a new bike! Couldn't fault it. I was in and out in the space of an hour or so too, and the bike was a total different machne afterwards i had so ,much more confidence on it than I did before i got the suspension set up.

He had also done a fair bit of repair work on my Ducati after I binned it up at Knockhill, again absolutely quality service I was kept informed all the way through and the bike was completely turned around in next to no time. Suspension set up on my BMW is pretty much spot on but if I was ever in need of suspension set up I would always be going back to ERS!

I've just had a belter of a run from inverness to Ullapool. Combination of new rear tyre, fresh brake fluid and Eddie setting bike up better.

So much more confidence, even with a very heavy bag on the ventury rack. New back tire is nicely scrubbed in now!

Only thing negative so far is up changes aren't as smooth as they were, guessing the weight of my luggage, and reducing the damping at the front may be the cause, but only noticeable when bike is wide open on the way up the box. I hope it due to the above, and not related to bmw servicing it.

Back