Got My HP4 Today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a second set of HP4 blue wheels complete with discs & ABS rings, they look as they would fit an S1000RR,

So had a chance to put a few miles on the bike after work this evening, but my concerns over tyres immaterial for what happened in London traffic. The HP4 is like a magnate for every bike in sight as they try and work out exactly what it is you are riding. Even cyclists at traffic lights have a good look. At one time i had a posse of 7-8 riders behind me the majority of which were R 1200's which i suspect handle better in heavy traffic than the HP4, and all they have on their mind is a desperate wish to overtake you. So the message is, this bike gets an awful lot of attention, but hopefully the boys in blue will hold off. The big difference I have noted is that the suspension feels terribly soft at slow speed but with a twist of the wrist things firm up quick, and i love the popping sound you get from the exhaust as you dip down through the gears. Oh and there is no way that at the lights an R1200 can pull away quicker, even though i am restricted to 7,000 revs,so grow up guys! On the M25 the bike was rock solid and a lot less tiring to ride compared to the standard bike , due to the suspension kicking in. Looking forward to getting the bike on the track once run in. Having done 75 miles this evening tyres didn't even feel warm, and it was bloody cold out there i can tell you.

Back