Got My HP4 Today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penpals

Reaction score
Having had two S1000RR's since launch (the first got stolen) have now migrated to the HP4 which I picked up at lunchtime and have put the grand sum of 10 miles on the clock as had to go back to work. First impressions are that the fuss that has been made in the press is quite true as the active suspension really does make a difference. - None of that skipping you get when you hit a bump etc. I am going to have to spend some time getting the rear sets sorted as there is far too much play with the rear brake but that should be easily fixed. Discovered also in the first 5 mins that the wheelie control is different, as lifted front wheel with not much throttle which would not have been the case on my old bike. Anyway, early days, keep you posted!

Shame about the weather, hope you enjoy the bike, I've just run mine in, number 1262 what's your number?

The number is 1534, though my dealer tells me that only 34 Carbons have been imported so far into the UK. How are you finding the Super Corsas? I am slightly worried about the lack of tread given prevailing weather conditions for road use. Are there any other tyres out there? Rosa Corsas will be available later in the year but not sure if there are other alternatives.

With this cold weather I don't think they are ideal, not sure what tyre I'd feel comfortable with in the cold . Most of the track orientated tyres don't have much tread anyway.

For track days I've bought a complete set of wheels with discs and abs rings, fitted with Pirelli superbike slicks 200/60 x 17 back. 120/70 x 17 front, doing a cold track day on Saturday. I was going to keep the Diablo super corsas for the road.

For track days I've bought a complete set of wheels with discs and abs rings, fitted with Pirelli superbike slicks 200/60 x 17 back. 120/70 x 17 front, doing a cold track day on Saturday. I was going to keep the Diablo super corsas for the road.

Can i just ask - is there any significant benefit running 200 profile tyre as opposed to 190, is it simply the fact you have more tyre in touch with the tarmac?? If i wanted to run a 200 size tyre is it just a matter of fitting it to rim or does anything else have to be changed/adjusted for it to fit and run properly?

I ran Racetec K3's at Cadwell last friday, temps were super cold but i have to say they seemed pretty ok - that said, even after some half decent laps, they were never "hot" to touch when i returned to the pits. I am still thinking of going K1/K2 for my next track day (April 29th) but definitely want to try slicks as and when the so called summer ever comes to the UK!!!

No big difference in the 200/55 x 17, S100RR and HP4 both use 6" rims, the 200/55 will fit on your bike, if any difference in profile the necessary adjustment will be done automatically, I've just put on Pirelli Superbike slicks 200/60 x 17 a higher profile tyre, as soon as I drove a few meters the ABS & DTC lights went out as normal. Will be doing a Track day on Saturday will let you know if the higher profile causes any problems.

I did find the racetecs great on track but on cold days on the road they didn't warm up, found the Dunlop GP211 better on track and road seemed to warm up quickly on both.

hi, did you change tyres yet , i'm getting hp4 end of may , mainly road use, hope weather better then but interested if you did change or have you got use to them,thanks

Not used bike recently, I think Pirelli Super Corsa ok for dry warmer weather.

Buy the time you get your HP4 the weather should be better, I hope :)

I believe the issue is that currently there are no tyres for the HP4 suitable for the road ,apart from the Super Corsas. I gather that in June Rosso Corsas will be available and Conti Sport Attacks as well probably in July, but have not heard anything from the equivalent offering from Dunlop, Michelin or Metzler. With the Panagali and the RCV Factory all on ZR17/200/55 the demand must be there.

image.jpg (87.1 KB)

Trying out new Pirelli Superbike Slicks on Saturday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 80
200 tyre is a greater side wall contact patch whilst lent over. Something most HP4 riders won't notice lol

Take it easy on the Slicks, it's still a little too cold to be using them in this weather. :)

you right, I'll use the super corsas in the morning and ill try the slicks in the afternoon

I cant wait for the summer and to try the bike on slicks. But will definitely wait until things warm up.

With this cold weather I don't think they are ideal, not sure what tyre I'd feel comfortable with in the cold . Most of the track orientated tyres don't have much tread anyway.

Hi what wheels did you get and do you know if they fit a standard s1k as well?

Back