Gen 1 cut out won?t restart

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brummydave1

Reaction score
Hi guys , my gen 1 cut out mid throttle, stopped and won?t restart, is there a common failure ie quick shifter , key antenna , ashtray full!!!,many thanks in advance ???

What happens with the key on?
Dash?
Noise?
Have you checked the battery/terminals are tight?

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

I wonder if it?s that common issue with the switchgear when the temps are so high. I had it except my nose selector was the only one that was affected by it, once it cooled down it would start working again.

more info would be better.

anthing on,or completly dead?

Hi, basically it disarmed itself , brand new battery, full dash lights ,pumps prime and flappers calibrate, just no crank or ignition (won?t bump start) I was thinking about wulfs comment on losing nose electrics, then put my gs 911 reader on ?fuse reset for parking lights and key antenna ? ah penny drops, I fitted some led parking light bulbs last year , one was out . On checking they were both glowing hot !!!!,replaced with new bulbs , bike starts??, seems the bulbs were taking the antenna circuit out , just off for a ride, I?ll let you know if I get back, but thanks for your input guys ???

Well that knackered it,17 degrees this morning, changed bulbs , she cranked and started, went down just now 3.30 pm 30 degrees, no start no crank !! Doh, wondering if it?s heat related

It was a common problem with the K series, that the ignition wiring was badly located and pinched when warm, which prevented it starting... but not something normally associated with the S range.

Mines meant to say ?mode selector????not entirely sure what a nose selector is, mind you would have been better if I had just put mode button.

No start again this morning, 16 degrees, so that theory is out,I think the next stop is strip and check switch gear then onto the loom

switch gear could be the issue, can you check with GS911? i know one function shows live position for most of the switches. otherwise you could take it off and check with a meter if it's working, they have a problem with the micro switches going dry joint to the pcb. a guy on here fixed my LH switch gear for a reasonable sum

Thanks Mike, I put the gs 911 on, safety cut out bmsk, engine kill switch was in stop!!!! Stripped it out, it had stuck down (while in 3rd gear at a rate of knots!!!!) all cleaned and working fine ,sometimes pays to check the simple things. Thanks again everyone for the input ????

Back