Suspension headache

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No mate definately not aimed at you and i do appreciate your help and advise.
Wull, where did you buy the slacker from? this is the guy., lebuke

is there any chance, someone could take a quick video of the fork travel when bike is stationary?????????/ pleaase

As in bouncing the front end up and down compressing the forks to see the amount of travel?????

Or when you simply sit on the bike? So going from static sag to rider sag?

If it?s the former then that?s going to be purely based on hydraulic settings.

I?ll grab a video tomorrow of whichever you want.

Calm yourself down mate, the fella only asked where Wull bought his slacker from, which doesn't deviate too much from the discussion which I've been following too.. were all here for the common good [emoji106]..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I am calm tho, what is a slacker?

It?s a tool that allows you to accurately measure and set the sag on your bike yourself.

15212769-4878-4-E3-D-AE1-B-ACB4-BD0-A28-F8.jpg

5-C9-AE2-F4-9752-4378-95-E6-85-C8-F382-BA65.jpg

beat me too it :)

never seen one of those before,look very handy or setting up when your on your own

beat me too it :)

never seen one of those before,look very handy or setting up when your on your own

Yeah it?s great. Used it for a good few years now, use it when I set up mates road bikes and race bikes. Mine is the second version and I think Stu has the newer version which works via your phone with Bluetooth etc. The first version didn?t have the smaller display that allows you to read the numbers whilst sitting on the bike, so V2 or newer is the way to go.

As Wulls post..I've one too, they are excellent, the latest model is Bluetooth so you can easily do everything on your own.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i just want to soften it up to stop the chatter, the owners manual states 42mm. the adjuster is fully out, so if i turn it in then thats just going to make it even harder. yes wheel of ground

Regarding road comfort?. might sound silly but what tyre pressure are you running ? For the first month I didn?t check my tire pressures, because I was being a lazy bastard and relying on the sensors to tell me if there was a problem.

When I did check, I was gob smacked the dealer had set tyre pressure at 52 psi. I?m now running 34psi on the road and it?s made a massive difference in be ride / handling.

Also have you used the rider pro modes ? I know from factory it?s all set 666 which is very hard. if you ride 322 or something like that it?s quite plush for the bumpy road.

Tyre pressures are ok, I have been into the pro modes and at the moment its set on 666, but on my other bikes ive got the loaded sag set first then started to fine tune the damping and rebound. It's just with this bike, at standstill if you grab front brake and bouince the forks they hardly move and thats what is confussing me. My aprilia RSV4 1100 has a couple of inches and the BM doesnt.
its not helping, when the dealer's technician suggests running in rain mode and thats about as much help the dealer has been ..

So are you wanting a video of the front bouncing up and down at standstill? I run race mode with the suspension at 666 and the sag for my weight and it?s spot on.

So are you wanting a video of the front bouncing up and down at standstill? I run race mode with the suspension at 666 and the sag for my weight and it?s spot on.
Yes mate if you don't mind, it woll give me something to compare mine with .

I?m not sure if you?re applying the front brake when you?re doing it.

The first time I?m applying the brake, then I?m doing it without applying the brake then back to using the brake then not, you can tell when I?m applying the brake and not.

So that?s in Race Mode with the suspension set to 6 - 6 - 6 and there is 3 turns of preload.

https://youtu.be/fByOzGel0Lc

well, at least that's cleared something up for me from the usual suspects... ;) (sorry, i'll get my coat)

Mate thanks for the video. My forks dont have anywhere near the amount of travel that yours have, considering yours are set up for the track. QUOTE=Wull;175135]I?m not sure if you?re applying the front brake when you?re doing it.

The first time I?m applying the brake, then I?m doing it without applying the brake then back to using the brake then not, you can tell when I?m applying the brake and not.

So that?s in Race Mode with the suspension set to 6 - 6 - 6 and there is 3 turns of preload.

https://youtu.be/fByOzGel0Lc
[/QUOTE]

think i'll take it to a dealewr tomorrow and let them get stressed about it. obviously wont be going to the dealer who suggested rain modce. Thanks for your help and suggestions

Back