New Motah

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Bit lucky here for a change, dealing with Fontain Motors in Iver, reserved a well spec'd FASH 15 plate B8 Avant RS4 with 54k on the clock on Saturday, another member of RS246.com posted on Saturday night he was selling his due to ill health, similar spec, different colour but this was in Ayr of all places, just over 22k which is a real rarity. it wasn't my first choice of colour but it really has grown on me since I saw it in the flesh, real nice old guy thats selling it had a back op that hasn't worked out, and had it sorn'd and garaged last 8 months.

He bought it from another forum member October '21 just before his op, barely turned a wheel since then. Front tyres are pretty low so I'll order up a set of Pilot Sport 4s from Camskill, Privacy glass and engine bay detailed next week. The car has FASH with correct servicing procedures and Oils changed on Diff's.

No modifications from new, the last of the N.A V8s.. Getting an MOT at Ayr Audi today and hopefully pick it up this weekend !..

ad3ded7b1ab22b44303a3d9607823a92.jpg
b6e948209f0c22336f9a40ca16efc7e8.jpg
a62b2f6e2793ef22f48c31d2dcf6a78c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cheers Rob, low mileage B8s are very hard to find, bit lucky with this tbh.. it doesn't have the B and O upgrade so I'll run it into Beaver Audio and have Gavin sound it out for me, might stick an amp in it like I did with my Toaureg..

Lovely looking bit of kit. [emoji108][emoji108]
That number plate is absolute class [emoji23] if the previous owners from Ayr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely looking car Stuart. I had one last year for 6 months, after the FIL won it, and wasn't fussed for it. It had a miltek exhaust on it, lovely sounding engines! Only think I didn't like, the previous owner had put lowering springs on it, looked good, but ruined the drive.

Cheers Kenny, it's a belter in the flesh. Not looking forward to the petrol bills, however this is the last of the guzzlers I'll likely be buying,

when I'm done with it well all be driving electric motors like it or not unfortunately..soulless mind numbing driving just get you A to B..mind you we could all programme the destination in and just go for a kip apparently [emoji3]

Am I correct in saying that when they ban the sale of new petrol/diesel cars, let?s say for example it?s 2030, so in 2029 you can still go out and buy a new petrol/diesel car or van and happily use it? It?s just that?s the last time you will be able to do so? Is this correct ?

Am I correct in saying that when they ban the sale of new petrol/diesel cars, let?s say for example it?s 2030, so in 2029 you can still go out and buy a new petrol/diesel car or van and happily use it? It?s just that?s the last time you will be able to do so? Is this correct ?

Posted in the wrong section , was meant for ?. It?s electrifying [emoji85]

Yes, that is correct. Only sale of new petrol/diesel cars to stop in 2030. Fuel still available and secondhand market. I suspect there will be a rush on buying new petrol/diesel cars in 2028 & 2029.

Last edited:
Seriously considered a B8 RS4 a couple of months back, the ?600+ tax put me off a bit. Plus reports of gearbox and rocker issues were a concern. But I guess you only really hear about the problem cars. Ended up buying a Leon Cupra R ST ABT instead, hasn't got the road presence of an RS4. But not a lot slower, and 2 years warranty.

I?ve been Pinching the pennies. Nearly there with the new biz now, and so looking to get a Gen 4 soon. Glad to hear you?re still on the HP4.

Back