Suspension setup SAG

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antonio_beqa

Reaction score
Hello i am going to make susspension setup with my weight i have some questions

1) whats good front rider sag for track use on 17 RR and whats good for street riding

2) whats good Rear rider sag for track and whats for street

3) for messure the length of extended forks and after that messure with rider to count rider sag. , preload must be fully stiffer or softer or does not metter ?

sag is a fixed setting,makes no difference road or track.it's from then you adjust your comp/reb settings to suit your riding

off top of my head cant remember (quick google or forum search will tell you though)

Hello i am going to make susspension setup with my weight i have some questions

1) whats good front rider sag for track use on 17 RR and whats good for street riding

2) whats good Rear rider sag for track and whats for street
The ideal number for sag should be:

For racetrack, 30 - 35 millimeters for the front and within 25 - 30 millimeters in the back.
For street, 35 - 45 millimeters for the front and 30 - 35 millimeters in the back.
Adjustments can be made according to the specifications of the motorcycle.

If you can't get your sag right after adjusting it ? that is a good indication that your spring rates are off. If you have maximized preload and have too much sag ? that is a sign that you need stiffer springs. If you have taken all the preload out and still have too much ? your springs are too stiff.

3) for messure the length of extended forks and after that messure with rider to count rider sag. , preload must be fully stiffer or softer or does not metter ?

Check out this easy to read website from Penske Shocks

The bike in question has a modified rear swingarm and is built for drag racing. Nothing about it is oem. So the 17rr defaults don't apply

not sure i'd fancy riding a drag bike on the road,or track tbh..

Back