Poor Evotech tail tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kirksti

Hi all I thought i would share my recent bad experience with Evotechs tail tidy for my 2020 m sport.

I started to fit the tail tidy carefully following the instructions which are useless as they as black and white in a cartoon style with precious little writing. The instructions include some pictures that are not even for the s1000rr and advise removing bolts that dont exist.

Then there is the wiring for the number plate light. The connectors are cheap and provide a poor connection and if you follow the instructions and connect black to black and purple to red the light does not work and it throws a code on the dash.

After consulting some forums it seems you need to do the reverse of the instructions!

The instructed route to wire in the indicators left the mounting plate not sitting flush with the undertail so i tried a number of options. It still would not sit right so i video called the company so they could see for themselves.

After much head scratching they told me to try the different mounting plate to the one the instructions said to use for my bike and to wire in the indicators and plate light seperately.

What a load of c##p for ?175 i would expect a decent product that fits well and simply works. I would not recommend and suggest you try the other makes which are also conaiderably cheaper.

I even ended up helping them identify and resolve the issues with their product by identifying the incorrect instructions and even sending photos of my bike with the correct placement.

The only plus was the chap from Evotech was helpful but their product is rubbish.

I hope this helps those deciding which tail tidy to buy. Expensive does not always mean good.

Usually their stuff is top drawer, last few I've fitted were excellent, tho the Gen 4 one I got off Ebay, that fitted perfectly well and the LED is correct for draw, feedback to Evotech is worthwhile I think.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Never enjoyed the 'cartoon instructions', which is pretty accurate description - could definitely be better, but they're not impossible to follow and the stuff is good. My 2020 R has an Evotech tail tidy which was easy to fit and I didn't have any issues with the electrics. I'll never buy R&G shit again, so I can't cancel Evotech...

Hi all I thought i would share my recent bad experience with Evotechs tail tidy for my 2020 m sport.

I started to fit the tail tidy carefully following the instructions which are useless as they as black and white in a cartoon style with precious little writing. The instructions include some pictures that are not even for the s1000rr and advise removing bolts that dont exist.

Then there is the wiring for the number plate light. The connectors are cheap and provide a poor connection and if you follow the instructions and connect black to black and purple to red the light does not work and it throws a code on the dash.

After consulting some forums it seems you need to do the reverse of the instructions!

The instructed route to wire in the indicators left the mounting plate not sitting flush with the undertail so i tried a number of options. It still would not sit right so i video called the company so they could see for themselves.

After much head scratching they told me to try the different mounting plate to the one the instructions said to use for my bike and to wire in the indicators and plate light seperately.

What a load of c##p for ?175 i would expect a decent product that fits well and simply works. I would not recommend and suggest you try the other makes which are also conaiderably cheaper.

I even ended up helping them identify and resolve the issues with their product by identifying the incorrect instructions and even sending photos of my bike with the correct placement.

The only plus was the chap from Evotech was helpful but their product is rubbish.

I hope this helps those deciding which tail tidy to buy. Expensive does not always mean good.

Scotch stuff is normally very good...I had this exact TT on my 2020 R and it was a doddle to fit and the fitment/quality was spot on. That said I went with the TST rear end on my 2021 RR and its the muttz nut

It?s a fantastic tail tidy and fits perfect, it?s not overly complicated and is not difficult to suss out what the mistakes are on the instructions, and then to fit it perfectly flush. IMHO all other tail tidies including those tacky ones with the lights etc are inferior.

Not sure if you have found an alternative I got mine from dB moto off ebay perfect fit no fault codes and ?49 totally happy with it and the guy is great to deal with.

Item number

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Back