Paint damage on alternator cover

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luimneach Abu

Reaction score
Hi,
Haven?t been on in a while but noticed what looks like blistering of the paint on the alternator cover. I have installed an sc project crt slip on. Bike hasn?t had the ecu adjusted to suit the slip on, or am I mistaken and it doesn?t need it. My question being will the higher running temps cause this as there was no damage to the paint before.

Im almost positive it wasnt there until i spotted it this morning, have the bike since february and surely would have noticed it. Could the higher runnin temps have caused the repair to become apparent. I wonder if the dealership will come clean if thats the case lol

Thanks gents, looks like its an engine cover/protector and a conversation with the dealer. Putting forged wheels on her in a week, so will drop in the question.

Bike is till under manufacturer and dealer warranty, but i would assume i'll get the you bought it like that line. Be nice to know if it went down the road or was dropped though.

I take it you weren?t the owner from new?

Unfortunately not, previous owner was a sixty year old who only drove the bike in spain pffffft. The only sticking point is the dealers had the bike back twice which was delivered to them so could have happened en route to them or a drop in the workshop or tech on a test ride, who knows. It is what it is now. Prob end up getting the motorrad engine protectors, they should cover it up.

Back