Gen 4 hits the skids..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I've decided my Gen 4 is wasting away in my garage, hardly ridden it this year, theres not 2k on the clock yet and I've had it for around 1 year, that's a really low mileage for me, so made some enquiries and provisionally agreed a deal with Glasgow, though haven't committed, think I'll phone round and see if I can get a bit more on the buy back figures elsewhere before I commit. I've got it on the drip and I've a shortfall of a grand thru Glasgow, that's easily sorted but think I'll make some calls before finalising. The bike is in top order.

I'll just get my HP4 ready for the road again and use that, it's still a very capable machine, bit fed up having two or three bikes kicking about, so down to one it is.

Need a new car too, Scoobs had got me interested in a leccy motor, the 1% BIK is surely appealing though I'm not sure about this charging thing, planning journeys around a charging point and all of that isn't really my thing, Leccy is the next but one purchase I reckon, fancy something powerful but don't fancy the petrol consumption, I'm nearly 200 quid to fill my Touareg now which is just ridiculous.

Sold my Van yesterday too, that gives me some moolah to play with as my savings have been ravaged paying for my eldests wedding in a couple of months, so getting some bread back in puts me on the front foot.

Anyhow I'll be selling some parts guys, stripped my Vandemon system off tonight, I'll also be punting some Carbon and a tank bag. Spent more time admiring the welds on the system than I did removing it lol.

So in the hunt for a new car, been looking at RS4s again.. I loved my previous one, but the fuel consumption..!. Reckon I can convince myself its the right thing hahaha.. anyhow, I'm away to post up my system on the sale bit if anyone's interested..

Stu

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that mate but sounds like it makes perfect sense if it?s just sitting , not getting used and costing you money! Especially like you say, with a wedding to pay for. Think a lot of people will be thinking electric just now with these fuel prices! Absolutely nuts!! Every time I look at my work van fuel gauge and it?s low, it?s for f**k sake, there?s another ?170!!!!! [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No point in having two similar bikes right at this time, different if one was say a GS.

Dunno about anyone else but for the first time in my life I'm looking at prices before I fire shopping into my basket, whereas before I couldn't tell you how much a loaf or butter was, now I know Lurpack is a fiver lol.. everything is a fortune. I'm either getting older or wiser, maybe both [emoji3]

No point in having two similar bikes right at this time, different if one was say a GS.

Dunno about anyone else but for the first time in my life I'm looking at prices before I fire shopping into my basket, whereas before I couldn't tell you how much a loaf or butter was, now I know Lurpack is a fiver lol.. everything is a fortune. I'm either getting older or wiser, maybe both [emoji3]

I?d say older [emoji1787][emoji13]. Mate, I?d be checking every single little thing in my basket if I had a wedding to pay for! No more premium buys, bargain bucket and the almost out of date aisles for me it would be [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Rob, Jamie..awesome sense to me TBH.. its expensive wallpaper sitting on my ramp for sure [emoji106]

I was sitting in the garage having a few beers with a mate a couple of days ago, talking about selling my gen 3, for similar reasons. It's just not getting used, money could be used else where, and I would still have my sp1 for the odd run where I want to ride like a tit! Never in my life have I given two hoots about how much money I spend in the petrol station or for my weekly beer and food shop!

That's the Gen 4 away today, they sent a van down to pick it up, tell you what they don't need to do a thing to it other than stick a ticket on it and run into the showroom.

In my haste to get home for the driver, I kerbed the rear offside tyre on my Toaureg and took a chunk out of it, right through to the canvass, TPS flagged up a slow [emoji35].. soon as I clocked it I knew it was gubbed, expensive day today 275/45?20s on it, the lads in Kwik Fit across the road got one in for me by 3pm..

It was expensive wallpaper sitting in the garage. I had to fork out 1300 quid to settle the deal plus that bloody tyre.. grrrr.. at least I'm 300 pm plus overheads better off.. I reckon Ill buy something I can pull apart and rebuild in my garage..

Back