Wsb

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys any of you going to donington next weekend I've got to see toprak on the brakes into the foggy esses.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

You guys going on your bikes if its this hot can't do the leathers thing all day luckily for me I'm only 12 miles away.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I was planning on going to get Toprak to sign an original pencil drawing but got that done a few weeks back when he was at Verwood so I ain?t going to bother.

I'm meeting friends on Saturday stopping off at Donny on way back. Still using BMW power, but 4 wheels and air con :) :)

Last edited:
You could use the leather check in service the rotary club on. Although I?m not sure they do it for WSBK. I?m hoping they do though as I?m not keeping mine on all day.

I am there Saturday, breakfast in Kegworth then up to the track.

Redding and Baz have a new Kalex swingarm (instead of Suter) and they've gone a lot faster.

Fingers crossed for a decent result.

a9527f2cde8b6ea256e85d223bd62116.jpg

4a1f5cce2963636d7e1add26661c936d.jpg

Last edited:
That's a good start for superpole, just needs to get the fkr off the line now.

Yeah, that's been a real problem. He often ends up having 3 stabs at it...the RR clutch needs a rework. Wonder if different gear ratios would help too..

Great racing. The MRR just took a huge step forwards. I predict the Kalex Swingarms will be on the BSB bikes in short order.

I sat between Old Hairpin and Starkeys all day, it was really good to see that Redding could stand his ground (mostly... even if the Ducatis got him). I did notice that his was the only bike that wheelied even slightly (and he wheelied quite a lot) on change up before leaning over for Starkeys. Whilst he did manage a cracking overtake there (and Hicky got a couple of belters too), most of the time it looked like it affected his stability/prep for the corner. The other BMWs didn't do it, so maybe it's just his style, maybe its just how he has to ride the bike to get the result.

TV coverage of Scott was awesome, bike control was out of this world.... Having said that, I can't help thinking that tc wasn't enough to slow the rear spinning which shagged the tyre. I'd like to get the tc light to work !

I was there courtesy of BMW Motorrad and got a tour of the pit box and a chat with Shaun Muir...there was rumour that Scott did have the new clutch in over the weekend....but an insight into the working of the team was a real privilege
IMG_0726.jpgIMG_0727.jpgIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0730.jpg

Back