Newbie saying hi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racingfrank7

Reaction score
Hi everybody.
Just joined due to hoping to make the plunge with a rr after many years of saying I will have one of them when I want something modern !!
After reading up on hear ( has to be the best place for rr info right ? ) my budget says gen 2 but my heart says gen 3 !!
Cheers.

Hi everybody.
Just joined due to hoping to make the plunge with a rr after many years of saying I will have one of them when I want something modern !!
After reading up on hear ( has to be the best place for rr info right ? ) my budget says gen 2 but my heart says gen 3 !!
Cheers.

Welcome ! Take it you're old school? Definately go gen 3 if possible

Hi.
Yes u could say that 90s and 2000s bikes have all ways been my thing still got 2, still like them and the values are more now then back in the day !
I used to be massive in to bikes that?s all I lived and breathed but as u settle down get dogs have a child ect things change dynamics change and the days of going out all day with the lads on the bikes are very hard to organise / do !
So a few track days here and there and a quick blast out for a fix had to do.

But ever since the bike show when the h2r was launched and they was running it on the dyno every couple of hours ( not sure on the year ) myself and a pal (for many biking years) sat on the new blade new R1 and the new RR at the time both decided it felt the best of the lot and looked the best. From that day Onwards I all ways said when I want something modern and have more time I?m having one of them.
Fast forward a few years the 90s bikes are still here and RR is now on the agenda !!

Welcome to the forum Frank!

That?s great you?ve decided on an S1000RR, they?re incredible machines [emoji41]

Re Gen 2 vs 3, As Bananaman says, if you can stretch to a Gen 3 (model years 2015 - 2018) that would definitely be recommended.

Enjoy the forum [emoji846]

Back