help with gen3 clocks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two4193c

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
i'm in the process of repairing a crashed gen 3
back of the clocks were damaged. cracked lens.. but the lcd is all good.

but now the rev counter needle doesn't move (I'm sure it did) ..
if i go into race setting and attempt to set the rev light i can hear the needles motor buzz.. but no movement
anyone else had issue with the rev counter needle ?

any tips for removing the needle ? doesn't seem to want to just pull off...

other issue is the tiny torx screws that mount the pcb to the back section of the clocks... anyone know the right size tool for the job ?

Most of the time the clocks aren't seen as a serviceable item. Partly due to mileage tampering.

Not sure anyone on here has split the clocks.

i'm in the process of repairing a crashed gen 3
back of the clocks were damaged. cracked lens.. but the lcd is all good.

but now the rev counter needle doesn't move (I'm sure it did) ..
if i go into race setting and attempt to set the rev light i can hear the needles motor buzz.. but no movement
anyone else had issue with the rev counter needle ?

any tips for removing the needle ? doesn't seem to want to just pull off...

other issue is the tiny torx screws that mount the pcb to the back section of the clocks... anyone know the right size tool for the job ?

Bought a set from Halfords

Bought a set from Halfords

just found my set :) (which I forgot I had)

just figuring out how to get to the screw behind the lcd.. got the lcd removed.. but there is a clear bit of plastic the size of the lcd blocking access to the screw (looks like it just clips in.. so trying to unclip without breaking)... got the other 3 screws out... just this last one

just found my set :) (which I forgot I had)

just figuring out how to get to the screw behind the lcd.. got the lcd removed.. but there is a clear bit of plastic the size of the lcd blocking access to the screw (looks like it just clips in.. so trying to unclip without breaking)... got the other 3 screws out... just this last one
I've a set of those Torx drivers, they are excellent, the butt end on mine rotates so you can press against your palm whilst turning, very handy .

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

cheers mate... i've had replacement clocks in a box for a while... hopefully getting them coded next week.. be nice to have a rev counter for next season

Re: Clocks

Normally via a BMW dealership as far as I?m aware.

if you get brand new clocks coded by bmw.. then all good.. but expensive

if you get 2nd hand clocks coded by bmw the mileage will flash, as the mileage stored in the ecu doesn't match the mileage stored in the clocks
(some dealers will only code new clocks for this reason.. I'm lead to believe bmw used to be able to code 2nd hand clocks without the mileage flashing but this was changed by bmw at some point)

Phil Crowe can code 2nd hand clocks without the mileage flashing.. I was more comfortable with Phil coding the clock as the bike is running RCK3

Got the bike back today and now have a functioning rev counter

Back