Looking for a gen 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kirksti

Hi all, i sold my fireblade today and am now on the hunt for a gen 4 m. I just hope the scare stories you read on the web are not representative of the whole market.

I have test ridden a few and fell in love with the bike. Amazing machine.

Welcome mate, many Gen 4 owners on here that will only be too happy to answer any questions you may have..me included..

A broad brush answer is probably buy a later model if you can..the good news is BMW have ironed out the creases, there doesn't seem to be any particular pattern with the odd glitch that pops up with any mass produced bike now and as stated sorted the earlier bike problems keeping the owners happy..

What kind of budget have you set, where are you located...

Cheerz

S

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks Stuart,

I had thought about the early bikes being the ones to reveal issues which you would hope bmw refined out of later models.

I would like a 20 or later model with a budget of 17k. located in Surrey.

You should be able to pick one up at that kind of money, maybe an early 21 with any luck, buy private, you'll not get much in the way of a deal from BMW I wouldn't have thought..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I like the idea of having a warranty from bmw. They honour whats left of the factory and add 2 more years if you buy approved used.
I missed a 19 plate with 1200 miles for 16k from a Motorad dealer, gutted. But as you say i would prefer a slighter later model if poss. Not many around at present. Typical ?

Used warranty is 2 years OR the balance of the factory 3 year deal which ever is longer. Its not 2 years added.

However, 2 years of warranty minimum is still good.

Back