Hire Vans

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shy231_

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

What van companies do people tend to use?

I think im going snetterton in mid july and will put the bike in a van to and from...

checked the usual enterprise/sixt but are there any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks in advance

Try Hertz mate, if there's one near you..prices are really competitive.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Just checked them about same as enterprise & sixt although hertz are better in that its a 24/7 thing i can just open the van with phone app i think.

Next silly question do Transit connect or in generall all vans from hire companies tend to have anchor points as standard?

I'd imagine they all have, even the smaller ones.. your best getting a Tranny, Trafic or the likes SWB is fine LWB better but not essential.. loads of anchor points on these..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5yNcwVwDFHYXwP5H9

Zoom in on these, floor, pillars etc.. I reckon there are around 10 anchor points on my Trafic

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Any SWB medium sized van (Transit, Transporter, Vivaro etc) will be absolutely fine. Enterprise, Hertz et al are all pretty similar in price. Alternatively, you could try looking for a local hire company near you as they may be a bit cheaper.

Thanks all......think ill go with Hertz.

Looks like it will be less fuss and easier as no people to deal with showing papers, licenses etc.

Planning on going snett on 19th July should be 2 or 3 of us in the van with s1000's :biggrin-new:

I normally use Enterprise as I can walk to my local one. Always ask for a transit as they also have berlingos which are only a 48? load height. Very small. Glorified midi van. All hire vans I?ve used over the years are panelled and have eyelets.

can i ask what these companies charge? i pay ?71 a day pick up around 4 day before and take back at 8 day after, gives me time to load up and drive down/up the night before.
mut

Back