Side Stand Switch

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveBrunt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As you may have read my previous thread about the EML light staying on, I went through all the usual suspects, Sensors, Lambda plugs and low and behold it turns out to be the side stand switch (which incidentally works perfectly well)?
Now as I understand it, there are various illiminators around for various things, is there one for this annoying little thing please.
Luckily for me, I purchased a second hand side stand and it came with a switch, which is now fitted and the light is out.
I decided to strip the old switch down to see what was wrong. Surprised or what, for a premium bike brand this switch is very inferior, consisting of a annular disc, with a split in it and three very tiny springs, that appear to be the contacts and these springs look very easy to displace.
I read somewhere that all you have to do is split the wiring to the switch and connect the white and beige wires together, this will tell the ECU that the switch is in the closed position. However, according to the wiring diagram there is no beige wire, any ideas would be very grateful please?

Regards Steve.

Usually rule of thumb is bridge the connections which makes it think the side stand is in the stowed away position, simply referred to as ?bypassed? but when you do this you have to make sure you stow it away as you?ll be able to ride the bike with the stand down.

Back