First impressions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys had my first decent ride on the msport today and boy there are a few differences to my last steed.The bike was in dynamic mode the first thing was how much my backside slid around on the seat in leathers knee grips required for sure.The buzz on the bars is worse than I first thought pins and needles appeared.Carbon wheels made a big difference to turn in but a trade off on stability I'll get used to that I'm sure.Love the sound of popping off the gas and changing down with the standard can.The front brake is awesome compared to my gsxr1000r loads of confidence if I overcook a turn or two.It's a shame that full throttle is not an option on the road if I'm reading some of the comments on here right you only get that in pro modes which are track orientated.Not tried road mode yet too much down on the power for me and race is a no go on the road I'll never stay in the seat over bumps.Not tinkered with anything yet not had chance to read manual and its on rosso corsa 2s which is the first time for me and I like them alot.Anyway loving all the advise and help on here looking forward to mastering the bike as time goes on.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I like using the Ride Pro modes. I stiffened the forks (setting 11), softened the shock (4), added engine (second or 3rd setting I think that gives increased torque in lower gears), put engine breaking on 2 (smoother shifting and quick shifting), and probably something else:)
Point is you can set it up much closer to how you like it. Only downside is lose adjustment of suspension dynamically but I like it the way I like it so am happier with setting to my preference and leaving it. Good news is you can do all this electrically from the screen rather than wrenching.

Also, I have the EVOTECH bars on and (well also helibars) have minimal buzz in bars except for rpm above 10K so no tingling.

Give it a try.

P.S. I weigh 200lbs at 6' tall.

I like using the Ride Pro modes. I stiffened the forks (setting 11), softened the shock (4), added engine (second or 3rd setting I think that gives increased torque in lower gears), put engine breaking on 2 (smoother shifting and quick shifting), and probably something else:)
Point is you can set it up much closer to how you like it. Only downside is lose adjustment of suspension dynamically but I like it the way I like it so am happier with setting to my preference and leaving it. Good news is you can do all this electrically from the screen rather than wrenching.

Also, I have the EVOTECH bars on and (well also helibars) have minimal buzz in bars except for rpm above 10K so no tingling.

Give it a try.

P.S. I weigh 200lbs at 6' tall.
Cheers for the info I'll try your settings and go from there as I'm also 200lb kitted up and 6ft so good starting point for me.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

You do get full throttle it?s just that the rpm is limited to 9k, there is a hard limiter in place.

You can access everything as normal, ride mode pro, set it up as you like, use race etc and get full throttle etc etc it just won?t go by 9k.

Actually, I use ENGINE setting 1: Optimum throttle response. Max torque.
Setting 2 is: reduced torque in lower gears.
See attached screen shots from bike.

Actually, I use ENGINE setting 1: Optimum throttle response. Max torque.
Setting 2 is: reduced torque in lower gears.
See attached screen shots from bike.

nothing attached.

The OP seems to be under the impression that whilst running the bike in you can?t access those settings and have full power etc but you can.

It?s just a hard limiter that is in place.

Descriptions above are from screen on bike (I can't post pictures since I'm a Standard member- forgot that). Also, I am not able to edit the post since 10 minutes has past.
If you look in your bike's Settings section for ride modes pro you will see these descriptions.

I'm by no means an expert. I have, however, noticed that tire pressure seems to affect how these K3 tires feel and handle more than others I'm used to - most recently Dunlop Q3+.
Only mention since tire pressure may be something you want to experiment with to see what you like best.
Enjoy your new bike :)

Latest posts

Back