Tank pad residue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Guys changing my tank pad what's the best thing to use to clean the residue off the paint without damaging it.Is white spirit ok to use or not.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Isopropyl alcohol.. if you wear specs and have a packet of those spec cleaners they'll do fine.

I bought a litre bottle off Amazon... its dead handy to have https://amzn.eu/d/8ewamKh

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Cheers Stuart yes unfortunately of the age where glasses are needed thanks for the tip.[emoji106]

Chemist round the corner from me had a box of 75 wipes for ?1.00 yesterday.

I buy Aldi or Lidls ones, their not much more cost wise... and then dive right into that amazing Italian range they do.....nom..nom ! Lol...

Look at this baby !.. hoovered in seconds.. just while were on the subject !....haha..
5e4099501ba3d810c83eb467e6363c48.jpg

Last edited:
Chemist round the corner from me had a box of 75 wipes for ?1.00 yesterday.

I buy Aldi or Lidls ones, their not much more cost wise... and then dive right into that amazing Italian range they do.....nom..nom ! Lol...

Look at this baby !.. hoovered in seconds.. just while were on the subject !....haha..
5e4099501ba3d810c83eb467e6363c48.jpg

Only here can we go from paint cleaner to pizza.Love it fella.[emoji108]

Any solvent based liquid could also be used (nail varnish remover, thinners) as long as you dont soak it. a spot on a cloth will take it off quick. OE paints nowadays are chemically cured and are very resistant .

Any solvent based liquid could also be used (nail varnish remover, thinners) as long as you dont soak it. a spot on a cloth will take it off quick. OE paints nowadays are chemically cured and are very resistant .

was going to say something similar as this ^^^ as the tank should be resistant to petrol due to any spillage when filling
Mut

Back