Battery lead

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ve had no issues with my Noco Genius 2 . Works on all battery types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What cable did you get to go with it to fix permanently to the battery.The genius 2 is around 50 quid the ones I've seen.Whilst on this subject how long do these lithium batteries hold there power if parked up for a week or so.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Your battery would be fine for a couple weeks. Some guys just use the chargers over winter, some like myself use them all the time as my one is in my attached garage and takes 2 seconds to plug it in. If the bike has no alarm/tracker then there won?t be any drain on the battery.

Your battery would be fine for a couple weeks. Some guys just use the chargers over winter, some like myself use them all the time as my one is in my attached garage and takes 2 seconds to plug it in. If the bike has no alarm/tracker then there won?t be any drain on the battery.

Cheers for that have you got the cable fixed to the battery if so which one goes with the genius 2.

Cheers for that have you got the cable fixed to the battery if so which one goes with the genius 2.

This is my setup ?

a06bccb99f9b8eeea50aee6f8a1a2051.jpg

f3d08e7581697fc81b6fe5cdc41a22aa.jpg

c26beb97de9bab62f6f70d852f129b4f.jpg

Yup, it might not reach far enough. I believe others have positioned their cables outside of the bike but I didn't fancy that. You can of course just extend the cable which I've been too lazy to do so far...

So this post forced me to do something about this, as it has been an annoyance for some time. I contacted the place I bought the CTEK from and they said I couldn't extend the cable myself, I'd invalidate the guarantee. So I contacted CTEK and asked them what to do. Also told them told them how I would extend it (using solder collars and then heat shrink tubing). They said that was fine as long as I use the same standard of wire (likely to be 18 AWG - 0.8mm2)...

Back