Battery lead

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys any of you fitted a battery lead for trickle charging.Just wondered if it can be threaded through without any panels coming off.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Yes, no panels required to be removed. Just remove seat to access battery, remove pillion seat/cowl then feed cable from there down to the battery. That way you just remove seat/cowl to charge battery .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, no panels required to be removed. Just remove seat to access battery, remove pillion seat/cowl then feed cable from there down to the battery. That way you just remove seat/cowl to charge battery .

Cheers Pedro that sounds ideal.Have you removed the two panels either side of the seat hump I'm having a tail tidy fitted and heard its easy to break the lugs off if not done right.

Cheers Pedro that sounds ideal.Have you removed the two panels either side of the seat hump I'm having a tail tidy fitted and heard its easy to break the lugs off if not done right.

It?s really straight forward ( once you know how )
Following this video to remove the side panels.

https://youtu.be/5SFEGsGe_mU

As above, I fitted one and you don?t have to remove any panels etc. The panels are easy to remove, everything is relatively easy to remove tbh, just don?t be gorilla like about it and you?ll be fine.

As above, its easy. I have CTEK cables in all my bikes, leading to under the pillion seat. The cables are fine in other bikes but in the Gen 4 the battery/terminal position means the cable doesn't really reach far enough, total PITA to grab/connect the charger.

As above, its easy. I have CTEK cables in all my bikes, leading to under the pillion seat. The cables are fine in other bikes but in the Gen 4 the battery/terminal position means the cable doesn't really reach far enough, total PITA to grab/connect the charger.
I've ordered an Oxford cable are you saying that won't reach to under the pillion seat.If so can it come out the side and be tied wrapped to the frame.

I have the Noco Genius 2 . I don?t have any issues with cable length

I ordered the oxford one for compatibility as I have the oxford trickle charger.Gets delivered today so fingers crossed its long enough.

I've ordered an Oxford cable are you saying that won't reach to under the pillion seat.If so can it come out the side and be tied wrapped to the frame.

Yup, it might not reach far enough. I believe others have positioned their cables outside of the bike but I didn't fancy that. You can of course just extend the cable which I've been too lazy to do so far...

Don?t worry, as is said above you can feed the cable down below the battery tray area to under the seat unit like I have, then secure it however you want. I use Velcro cable ties as to not mark anything.

80-D2116-D-3505-48-C4-91-E0-FA43-AB34-A3-AA.jpg

The charger MUST have an option for lithium battery

I've just read review on the one I already have and it's not for lithium batteries.So looks like the lead will be going back.Can you recommend a charger.

Hi which charger did you go with.Most of them seem to be 50 quid upwards and I'll need a connector lead as well for easy charging[emoji35]

Back