Carbon wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea what's the score with that, who's rim is the one that looks to have been cut through ?..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Sorry lads, I needed to get the tyre off the rim and swop over the sensor to the new one. Being impatient plus the wheel was fooked anyway I decided to chop it up out of interest......

It?s interesting that a carbon fibre wheel , can?t take an impact such as a pothole. Plenty on the roads to negotiate around.
I?ve heard of people being successful with claims against the council over wheel damage, due to potholes.
Find the biggest pothole you can, and claim against. RAC have a website, where you can find reported potholes.

bananaman - remind me not to let you change tyres for me!

I've just had to buy a new front carbon wheel after (I'm guessing) hitting a pot hole too. Only realised it was cracked after the tyre fitter had put a new tyre on.

bananaman - remind me not to let you change tyres for me!

I've just had to buy a new front carbon wheel after (I'm guessing) hitting a pot hole too. Only realised it was cracked after the tyre fitter had put a new tyre on.

HAHA ! needed to get it changed due to a service booked in 3 days later. cut a long story short, after a 2 hr round trip to the dealer for the service they refused to put the tyre on the the new immaculate 650 mile wheel. Needless to say, the service was poked where the sun doesn't shine and one wasted trip. Had the tyre fitted elsewhere and just returned from Chandlers at Brighton where the service was carried out . Have to say, they were very amenable, courteous, polite and respectful.... will definitely, even if it was a longer journey, use them again. Thought a bit steep at 280 for basic service, oil, filter, brake fluid but it is what it is I guess.

Latest posts

Back