Carbon wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh hell, probably would have buckled an alloy too then.

UK roads are terrible.

Not sure what to suggest. Probably replacement only.

Keith, shit! Firstly take pictures of the pothole. You?ll need them for either BMW or the council. The wheel can?t be repaired unfortunately. If the pothole isn?t to bad ie it?s like 100,000s of potholes around Britain. The wheel isn?t fit for purpose. Moan at your dealer where you bought it from. Stress this is a safety issue. See what Germany comes back with. If they push back start saying you?re going to write to the bike magazines, watchdog etc. see if there are other incidents online. BMW won?t want their wheels hitting the headlines. If it?s a ridiculous pothole, to be honest take a picture of a not so bad pothole ie average depth. I?ve tried to claim off councils and it?s the road to hell (sorry for the pun) J

Keith, shit! Firstly take pictures of the pothole. You?ll need them for either BMW or the council. The wheel can?t be repaired unfortunately. If the pothole isn?t to bad ie it?s like 100,000s of potholes around Britain. The wheel isn?t fit for purpose. Moan at your dealer where you bought it from. Stress this is a safety issue. See what Germany comes back with. If they push back start saying you?re going to write to the bike magazines, watchdog etc. see if there are other incidents online. BMW won?t want their wheels hitting the headlines. If it?s a ridiculous pothole, to be honest take a picture of a not so bad pothole ie average depth. I?ve tried to claim off councils and it?s the road to hell (sorry for the pun) J

It was about 10 mins after the 'hit' that I realised there was a problem with deflated tyre, dash flicked up 10 psi lol. I didnt see it, was through a wooded section. Council will only admit if its been reported before.

Trust me, it very difficult to steer with 10 psi haha !!

Last edited:
B-mans cracked rim

I should think BMW will want to see the rim and learn from it.

c1c843b57936d401afd4b7b588125ade.jpg

Last edited:
Back