Paint protection

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys anyone put the paint protection film on themselves.I've got a front end kit on the way from Tony james designs and wondered how easy or hard it will be to fit.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Best I can say is it?s doable , it?s a pain in the ass. If your going to try then make sure you have plenty time as rushing it will mess it up. Make sure to not just spray the bike with the solution but spray the surface of film as to not scratch it when using tool to remove moisture. Practise on a small part first before you attempt a fairing side. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not the easiest job in the world to do,but if you've got the kit already cut ten will help.have a look on youtube,theres a lot of vids showing how to do it properly,only needs soapy water+card but can be tricky to get all the bubbles out,especially on curves,nooks etc

applied ppf last year.. was striaght forward enough..as already said, plenty of how to videos on youtube
top tip.. spray your fingers/thumb so they are wet just before removing the backing

LOADS of soapy water, that top tip is spot on and use nitrile gloves not your bare hands, otherwise there's a chance you'll get finger prints on the inside.. as soon as you peel the film soak the sticky side with the soapy water that way nothing foreign will stick to it, depending on the size of the panel the film has a habit of wanting to fold in on itself, so soak as soon as you peel..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

LOADS of soapy water, that top tip is spot on and use nitrile gloves not your bare hands, otherwise there's a chance you'll get finger prints on the inside.. as soon as you peel the film soak the sticky side with the soapy water that way nothing foreign will stick to it, depending on the size of the panel the film has a habit of wanting to fold in on itself, so soak as soon as you peel..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Cheers for the tips fingers crossed it goes well its not a full kit.Nose cone front indicators and head lights painted side panels and mudguard.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Back