2012 gen 2 spluttering/jerking at low throttle

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P17PEM

Reaction score
Hi I?m looking for help!

I?ve recently bought a 2012 gen 2. I have a problem with a jerking/misfire at around 2000 rpm. There is no EML on . I replaced the spark plugs and they had never been changed so I was confident this would cure it but it didn?t . Coils looked ok no damage etc. I?ve got a decat pipe fitted with a PCV and autotune. But the problem is still there. When riding it seems that the fault occurs around 2-5% throttle and the minute I pull back the throttle slightly the fault goes, the bike rides fine in all other rev/throttle ranges . On the road it?s really annoying as the fault happens when going round roundabouts so rideability is terrible. I?ve tried fuel cleaner, higher octane fuel etc. i can get the fault when stationary and holding the throttle around 2% it just splutters and jerks until I open the throttle slightly more then it clears. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had the same problem on my R6 years ago , after a lengthy diagnosis it turned out to be the regulator/rectifier.
Everything else worked normally , it was just a slight stutter when moving off at about 1500/2000rpm

Back