Can I use mobile 3000 5w-40 in my Gen.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
Just wondering if I can use this oil in my bike cause I've got a 5 liter tub in the shed

This is the oil coding/grade your looking for... JASO MA2.. this the correct "standard" of oil for a modern high performance bike. There's loads of info on MA2 online..

That 20 ltr container that I bought is proving excellent value for money, going to drop the oil on my HP4 at the weekend...that'll be the first change since Angelsey, Oulton and Knockhill, I'll see what it looks like, bike ran sweet as its ever done and don't expect the oil to look any different from the same grade oil I've bought for years from Motul or Castrol.

Geezer still has it listed at under 80 quid for 20 ltrs on Ebay..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I just looked up the specifications of this oil and it does say that it does meet requirements of JAS0 MA2 so I think it will be alright.

Personally I wouldn?t as previously mentioned it?s car oil. Also check if it has any Molybdenum in it as that damages the RR engine. J

This is the oil coding/grade your looking for... JASO MA2.. this the correct "standard" of oil for a modern high performance bike. There's loads of info on MA2 online..

That 20 ltr container that I bought is proving excellent value for money, going to drop the oil on my HP4 at the weekend...that'll be the first change since Angelsey, Oulton and Knockhill, I'll see what it looks like, bike ran sweet as its ever done and don't expect the oil to look any different from the same grade oil I've bought for years from Motul or Castrol.

Geezer still has it listed at under 80 quid for 20 ltrs on Ebay..

Would be interesting to send a sample of your used oil away for analysis, and somebody else with similar usage, but using premium brand oil do the same. See if either ones suffered more than the other. Or if there is more metallic partials in one or other.

Would be interesting to send a sample of your used oil away for analysis, and somebody else with similar usage, but using premium brand oil do the same. See if either ones suffered more than the other. Or if there is more metallic partials in one or other.
Interesting Kenny, never considered that.

I spoke to the owner Paul at Westway and was impressed with his knowledge and quality of the product..in the main racers and track guys buy the 20 ltr containers..think he's sold around 40 on Ebay alone, you can buy direct from their website..

They do, there's a drop down menu..not sure I'm that bothered at 35 quid mind you.. that's almost 10 ltrs of oil lol..

Be a good shout if anyone ever had a warranty claim tho...

Last edited:
Back