Gen 3 mods and lap timer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrH

Reaction score
Hi one and all. Just joined today and saying hi. I have a gen 3 which is fantastic but wondered what mods people have done? Exhausts, wheels, brakes? etc Also, I've bought a PZ Racing gps lap timer that didn't seem to work for either of the two days at Donnington recently. Has anyone had any success using these or should I send it back and get something else? Thanks all.

Hi one and all. Just joined today and saying hi. I have a gen 3 which is fantastic but wondered what mods people have done? Exhausts, wheels, brakes? etc Also, I've bought a PZ Racing gps lap timer that didn't seem to work for either of the two days at Donnington recently. Has anyone had any success using these or should I send it back and get something else? Thanks all.

I run a PZ on my Gen 3 alongside a Racechrono set-up..........some days the PZ works fine, other days it works when it feels like it.

As far as mods go, I've got a full Akro system c/w Phil Crowe custom map / ecu unlock / electronics package, K-Tech suspension front & rear, Bitubo steering damper, Diamond rearsets, ABM clip-ons and GB engine protection amongst other things. As far as the brakes go, I find the standard set up really good although I am using SBS DS pads which might be very expensive, but are really good on track and last well.

Nice one Gobert. Seen the Diamond rear sets. They look good. Went with GB racing protection so all good on that front. Would like to ditch the exhaust but have to say it does do away with the noise restriction issues on trackdays at the moment. There are some out there like austin racing I noticed that'll keep to under 98db with the baffles in for those quieter track days. Someone on here recomended the Brembo RCS so will check that out as I'd like a sharper bite. The brakes work fine and pull up strong but just feel a bit vague that's all.

Back