GB Racing engine cover damage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northernsoul65

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Had an off in the wet at Oulton. Ixon air bag worked well - good to know!
Bike survived remarkably well with only damage to the GB frame slider and engine cover - totally did their job!
I've bought a new bullet for the frame slider but some guys recommended just sticking a thick bit of plastic to the engine cover (which has worn down but not through) in order to extend its life.
Anyone ever done that? (as opposed to just buying a new cover for ?60).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
GB Racing Engine Cover Damage

Replace it as you will likely regret the decision not to if you crash again?

Had an off in the wet at Oulton. Ixon air bag worked well - good to know!
Bike survived remarkably well with only damage to the GB frame slider and engine cover - totally did their job!
I've bought a new bullet for the frame slider but some guys recommended just sticking a thick bit of plastic to the engine cover (which has worn down but not through) in order to extend its life.
Anyone ever done that? (as opposed to just buying a new cover for ?60).

This looks remarkably like what happened to John I was sharing the garage with at Oulton? Gen3? We?ll I say share but you were kind enough to keep an eye on my old bus for the night, while I done a runner to the pub. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks remarkably like what happened to John I was sharing the garage with at Oulton? Gen3? We?ll I say share but you were kind enough to keep an eye on my old bus for the night, while I done a runner to the pub. [emoji23]

Yep that's me! What's yer name, what were you riding?

I thought it was you John. It?s Peter with the Gsxr that you kindly kept an eye on overnight. Bought the slick front off you.

Ah....nice one Peter. Hope you and your pal got back safe and sound.
I picked up some new wets and new engine covers! Off to Donnington Friday and Saturday. Hope to catch you on another day at some stage.

Last edited:
Ah....nice one Peter. Hope you and your pal got back safe and sound.
I picked up some new wets and new engine covers! Off to Donnington Friday and Saturday. Hope to catch you on another day at some stage.

Yeah home safe and sound and straight on to No Limits to book Spain in October off the back of our conversation mate, so thanks for that. Ahhh I love Donny enjoy the double day again and I?m sure our paths will cross again this season. Have fun at the weekend bud.

Back