Coolant Leak

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAYZ123

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice?

I recently bought an S1000rr 2022 model and only have 500 miles on the clock. Whilst I was out riding at the weekend after about an hour steam started coming from the radiator and somewhere under the fairings it is spraying coolant everywhere and there was a significant puddle. I turned off the bike and called BMW roadside they came and picked up the bike and this morning I received a call saying that ?everything is fine ?they looked over the bike and there?s no leaks.

The dealer is saying that when I installed GB racing covers, I must have let air into the radiator system, and it must have come out the overflow. I think this is complete bullshit, as the gasket was not disturbed when the covers were installed.

I?m slightly paranoid about riding the bike encase it happens again and I end up with coolant on my tyres.
Has anyone heard of anything similar happening or thoughts on what it could be?

Odd one that, why not take it out a spin and stay close to where you live then see what develops..if anything.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back