Software upgrade? - stops easy stalling

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew rossi

Reaction score
Hello,have 2021(May reg) and I do find it tricky at times to move off from standstill.Vague biting point of the clutch and engine revs die when engaging clutch.Have heard of a software upgrade which lessens this issue at the cost of mpg - I do think the engine runs lean and know well documented in early 2019 versions.Anyone had a software update to the FI? Any info welcome - my dealer acknowledges the problem but at a loss to fix...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Hello,have 2021(May reg) and I do find it tricky at times to move off from standstill.Vague biting point of the clutch and engine revs die when engaging clutch.Have heard of a software upgrade which lessens this issue at the cost of mpg - I do think the engine runs lean and know well documented in early 2019 versions.Anyone had a software update to the FI? Any info welcome - my dealer acknowledges the problem but at a loss to fix...

Mine's a 2020, same problem. Been in once with no result, also bad running at low revs/slow traffic. In again soon for the annual, will see .....

Last edited:
Moan, moan, moan at your dealer. Mine was a 2019 build with the original clutch that didn?t allow you to find neutral. Varying quality of start up, sometimes good sometimes coughing, spluttering and stalling. Gave the dealer a long letter detailing problems. All requests were approved by Germany ie all the clutch hardware upgraded. All software updated. Totally changed the suspension. Race was plush before on the Road, now after the update, it is as it should be. Road is now plush. Race very firm. Start up is good and constant. Same everytime no matter what temperature. Be firm in the line that this isn?t acceptable from BMW.

Dealer now authorised to order both damping units and springs for forks (knocking low speed)and going to check/update for latest software to alleviate stalling when moving from stationary(clutch vague/engine easy to stall - runs weak bottom end?).Bmw contact centre had to be pestered to get this done - don't expect them to be proactive in responding.May 2021 model.

JaimeMac, let me confirm my understanding: you had "Varying quality of start up, sometimes good sometimes coughing, spluttering and stalling" which went away once you got a software upgrade? Mine has the same symptoms. Is there a name for this upgrade or is it just the latest version that can be installed on request? Thanks

Back