Anglesey

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
What a great circuit this is... its long, loads of corners and elevation changes, its going to take a bit of getting used too..
04f1c0f464d93979ee4f27a8100ba1a8.jpg
301eafa9f78a5ae1955c69809ea2701c.jpg
f1117cc93cebcbe1235dea6efc0f3987.jpg
1392fee6a1c65ad32933195b017bff23.jpg
be2e21d25a191a6b542237e48ee7ceea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Are you using the full track or coming down the corkscrew?

They only use the International layout for track days...........it's been years since they ran a track day on the Coastal Layout although the vast majority of club racing runs on the shorter layout.

They only use the International layout for track days...........it's been years since they ran a track day on the Coastal Layout although the vast majority of club racing runs on the shorter layout.
Ah ok. The one Jim Whit double header I did was ~2016, that was coastal.

What a great circuit this is... its long, loads of corners and elevation changes, its going to take a bit of getting used too..

Stuartb - you most likely find that it'll come quite quickly as it's fairly easy to learn - watch the last corner as it's quite off camber and you can carry speed further than you think on the back "straight" as the hill is so steep. Another place to watch is the right at the top of the hill - after the slow hairpin - as it goes off camber if you drift to the left as you exit the corner.

Have fun.

Ah ok. The one Jim Whit double header I did was ~2016, that was coastal.

I think I was on that and possibly that was the last time they ran that Coastal (the used to run Coastal one day, Int Gp the next) - NL run the bigger circuit as they can get more bikes on (60 per group) but I'm surprised that the JW days don't use it now and again with only 20 per group. Car track days use it all the time...............

Fantastic circuit to ride? but not much fun if the weather changes for the worse!

Stuartb - you most likely find that it'll come quite quickly as it's fairly easy to learn - watch the last corner as it's quite off camber and you can carry speed further than you think on the back "straight" as the hill is so steep. Another place to watch is the right at the top of the hill - after the slow hairpin - as it goes off camber if you drift to the left as you exit the corner.

Have fun.
Bang on !.. First session I was all over the shop, second and third I was miles quicker... the change in elevation is pretty intense

Im here. In garage 13
And we spoke after all these years.... I was expecting a wee Italian guy looking to make me an offer !... lol... That's a well sorted bike John [emoji108]...

And the weather has just turned amazing.. hopefully like this tomorrow..this is an excellent circuit.. Good facilities, food in the cafe is decent, nice wee shower and changed after the last sesh...

I'll be back down here for sure, might jump on and book something in July/August..
d7521cb65f37fd0aedd8560f262bedc2.jpg
116aa046c0bd5911c1f7dacc62a0b652.jpg

I did this track in April for the first time, it was an awesome day, im going to book again for August. When you get the flow its brillaint, first time I used the pro settings properly and the difference was huge

And we spoke after all these years.... I was expecting a wee Italian guy looking to make me an offer !... lol... That's a well sorted bike John [emoji108]...

And the weather has just turned amazing.. hopefully like this tomorrow..this is an excellent circuit.. Good facilities, food in the cafe is decent, nice wee shower and changed after the last sesh...

I'll be back down here for sure, might jump on and book something in July/August..
d7521cb65f37fd0aedd8560f262bedc2.jpg
116aa046c0bd5911c1f7dacc62a0b652.jpg

Nice to meet you.
Weather looking promising for tomorrow.

Well got that wrong. Pish
Lol...I bailed early..I just new it wasn't going to improve.

I'm home 30 minutes ago, easy drive but quite a long way to go, definitely worth it, what a great circuit.

I'd guessed the weather would change quickly down there due to the location..yesterday was perfect.

I took my Long Lens and pretty sure I snapped you a few times coming on to the stop/start..l'll have a look through and let you know if I was lucky..

Back