Servicing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My Gen 3 is due it's annual service. It's only around 8.5k so nothing expensive due this time. The big question, is there any advantage to using a BMW dealership over a non-dealer garage?

My general experience is that the dealership hooks the bike up to the computer and overwrites anything they've previously done (takes deep breathe, doesn't rant about self-cancelling indicator function again). As I've got a PCV fitted, and the bike's been very nicely mapped to the full system, I'm getting the horrors at the idea of the dealership screwing it all up (again). Yes they usually fix the errors (apart from the indicators) but my patience level plummets for every extra day spent hanging around BMW instead of just putting a bike in once and it being sorted first time!

Service light can be reset with a GS911 diag tool, usually someone on faceache or on here will have one they can plug in and do it for a few ? or free. In addition to Alex's comment, the third party garage should also be VAT registered for a belt and braces approach should you have any issues with the bike and BMW getting tricky over a third party doing the work in the future.

You do a bit of work on your bike, Katie.. I'd invest in a GS 911, worth it if your a Beemer owner for the foreseeable, Pedro picked a new one up for ?250 last week.. they are [emoji3536]ly resellable..*see what I done there.. and almost spelled correctly [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Starting to think this might be the way to go. Thinking economically, is there any difference in functionality between the OBDLink LX and the GS-911? Massive price difference!

I watched another one for a few minutes and it actually looks quite comprehensive, there's lots of tutorials on YT.. Yea I'd buy that too tbh..

Maybe post up some screen shots to give us an idea of how practical the functionality and UI is.

You do a bit of work on your bike, Katie.. I'd invest in a GS 911, worth it if your a Beemer owner for the foreseeable, Pedro picked a new one up for ?250 last week.. they are [emoji3536]ly resellable..*see what I done there.. and almost spelled correctly [emoji1]

Where did you get it from for that price? I've started serving my own, but not got anything to reset the light with, need to get one ordered

Starting to think this might be the way to go. Thinking economically, is there any difference in functionality between the OBDLink LX and the GS-911? Massive price difference!
Obd link lx is not the restriction, the version of motoscan software you get is. Check motoscan website for what each version offers. My setup will read and clear fault codes and reset service indicator

Last edited:
So, had a peek at the weekend, just to see how easy it is to use. Took a few minutes to link up to the app for th first time but otherwise dead simple. Screenshots of some of the functions but note that not all of them are active as they are not alterable at this level. Most importantly, the service reset is available, and you can change mileage and date of next one if you want to.

Screenshot_20220521_105012_de.wgsoft.motoscan.jpgScreenshot_20220521_105310_de.wgsoft.motoscan.jpgScreenshot_20220521_105320_de.wgsoft.motoscan.jpgScreenshot_20220521_105200_de.wgsoft.motoscan.jpgScreenshot_20220521_105123_de.wgsoft.motoscan.jpg

Back