Slip On Exhaust & Rad Guards - Recommendations Please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've searched the site and done some research online but wondered if anyone had any additional recommendations on these? I don't like the look of the stock exhaust so would like to change the end can. However, I don't want a stubby one. The factory Akra looks nice - does anyone have personal experience of other similar products?

And the radiator on my incoming back is full of dinks! I would like some covers for them. The Evotech ones look good but does anyone have a better suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

I was initially going to purchase the Evotech radiator and oil cooler guards because that?s what I usually use but someone recommended the RRG radiator and oil cooler guards for my Gen 4 and they?re quite good especially for the price.

3-AC4-BD5-D-0-C1-A-4-FD2-A2-EC-ACA044-D249-BB.jpg

79-B9-C4-BA-EF0-F-41-BB-A120-5-FE74-D043888.jpg

701-D7674-2291-4-D25-955-D-7-EA7741-E53-B4.jpg

Careful when removing the plastic radiator shroud to fit the guards, don't do a short cut like I did and not remove it completely and leave it hanging by a couple of bolts and then catching it abruptly with a knee. I snapped the radiator shroud as the plastic is fairly brittle. I had to plastic weld it back together with a soldering iron.

As for an end can, the sound was important to me and it was toss up between an Austin Racing stubby - 2018 MotoGP style Ti can or similar from SC Project - I ordered the latter from the Italian company web page. It weighs 87g..... here's it fitted to my Gen 3 bike - I absolutely love the noise and looks of it. But each to their own

Last edited:
Back