Alpha Racing - Quickshifter Fitted

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a track bike with race shift 2021 model. My first time out I felt I had to apply a lot more pressure on the lever to get a positive response. My Gen 3 was smooth and slick in comparison. Heard and read the OEM quick shifter on the Gen 4, was not ideal. So I stepped into the market for an aftermarket blipper.
Asked a BSB mechanic on his thoughts, which 1 would suit me, Alpha or HM. He felt the HM was the better option. Bought item on Tuesday. Hopefully I can get fitted at the weekend, and let you know how easy it is to install. I also bought Alphas gear position sensor.

didn't have an issue with mine,but the alpha(lohmann) unit i use predominantly does feel more precise+slick.out of both i'd go for the alpha

Hm just did not work on my gen 4. Even had them on the phone with Dave Woods. He and my dealer could not get it to work.
Its not plug and play, even the instuctions that come with it says you might have to take to dealer to get it to work.
I sent it back and got a refund.
And don't even get me going on HM's after sales attitude. I will never buy any of their products again

Never had much luck with HM shifters. Had one on my gen1, was never right, even setting it up at HM racing. It was commonly blamed for destroying boxes. Thinking they had improved, had one for my gen3, went back to OE and wondered why I tried to change. I'll stay with OE on the gen4, had no probs so far ......

Well installed the HM quickshifter, as per downloads and HM instructions. Unfortunately never went through initialisation and calibration sequence as described when the ignition was turned on. Having read other posts, on HM I?m not feeling confident.
I have a HM on my GEN 1 and have never had any issues.
HM will be called on Monday.

Well installed the HM quickshifter, as per downloads and HM instructions. Unfortunately never went through initialisation and calibration sequence as described when the ignition was turned on. Having read other posts, on HM I?m not feeling confident.
The one I had would go through the cycle but not lock into set up mode..The one I had was coming up with a random code sometimes, HM didn't seem to want to except that either.
Good luck

The one I had would go through the cycle but not lock into set up mode..The one I had was coming up with a random code sometimes, HM didn't seem to want to except that either.
Good luck
Interesting, I hope I don?t need luck. I hope I get a perfect/ positive response from HM. Frustration on my part, as I?ve tried a few attempts today, with no progress.
What was your final outcome.

Resetting the "transmission" with the GS911 diagnostic tool works, my gear changes with quick shift & auto blip are much slicker now. Glad I tried it and don't need to buy an aftermarket one. With trying if you have any issues with it.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Returned and got my money back.
I must have tried on and off over 50 times at least in the 3 months I tried getting it to work. And each time you have to wait for the bike to completely shut down before trying again. Plus changing fome Hm to oem a dozen times.

I think think you have summed it well...HM do seem to have some hit n miss remarks which meant that the Alpha R option was a no brainer.
By way of an update....I made good use of the fine weather here over the weekend and put in some fast road riding (all at legal speeds of course) and the AR shifter is the dogs bollox when yer up in the high rev range....I also tweaked the positioning to the rearsets to get as close to a 90 degree angle from the gear selector to shift rod...it made a minor improvement but overall the shifts are almost seamless compared to the stock unit. Note the settings are all in Road mode yet to try the GP shift pattern

I eventually got the HM quickshifter GP installed, got it set at 60ms for all gears. It seemed okay on the Dyno run up / down, with some set ups through the ECU. I?m heading to Oulton on Wednesday, for a day. I?m hoping it will be smooth with no issues. It?s got to b an improvement on the OEM quickshifter, that was terrible, I couldn?t get into gear most of the time. Disappointed as I kept the stock quickshifter on my Gen 3 and it was brilliant, slick and smooth, never got any false neutral?s.

Back