Bleeding underslung caliper?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmo

Reaction score
Have converted to underslung caliper (Gen 4, ABS still in place). Tried the usual ways to bleed the system like filling from caliper to reservoir with syringe, vacuum from reservoir to caliper, also purging ABS-block with GS911. Cant get stable pressure in the system. Any tips???

take caliper off and hang it above the rear master cylinder (as in at a higher point)for 20 mins,then bleed in that position. you'll have air in the line at the highest point which is hard to get out,this way alllows the air to rise up to the caliper

I was thinking same, mind Lodge something between the pads if your going to try and pedal bleed it or use the GS 911 on it.

Guy on ZX forum had same problem last year.. the bleed nipple was not at the highest part of the caliper it turned out [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was thinking it's a case of getting the caliper bleed nipple as high as possible.

Wedge something in the caliper to stop the piston falling out!

Thanks, I will try that tonight and report back tomorrow! Have a brake caliper tool that I can put between the pads.

Success[emoji108]
a1ec1f428d3fecf1c17b21ef1e6224cf.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G970F via Tapatalk

Back