Somerset UK - S1000RR M Sport owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamiehrc

Reaction score
Just bought a nice used approved 2020 S1000RR M Sport to enjoy the summer on.

I have has a few bikes over the years R1's, fireblades, ducatis and KTM's and a 2010 S1000RR .. most recent bike being a lovely 790 Duke which I had full ohlins and full akra evo system fitted, it's was a blast for short journeys but I need to do longer trips so had to go.

I missed the sports bike wind protection and the IL4 if I'm honest.

Looking forward to learing about the bike on the forum and doing a few MINOR mods .. as I normally go mad and spend a fortune !!

Welcome in Jamie, I found the Gen 4 a big leap forward in terms of tech and refinement over the early models, the engine is a beast and really quick up through the box.

What you thinking of in the way of Mods. .. tail tidy, short can some carbon maybe ?

Cheers

S

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Welcome in Jamie, I found the Gen 4 a big leap forward in terms of tech and refinement over the early models, the engine is a beast and really quick up through the box.

What you thinking of in the way of Mods. .. tail tidy, short can some carbon maybe ?

Cheers

S

It has a tail tidy fitted, added a rad and oil guard and some paddock bobbins to the order, I have to wait until next monday for delivery :( but all good things come to he who waits lol

I have hepco and becker seat unit for the 790 and that works well with Kreiga us 20 so may go that route again ?

I think maybe a slip on as I will be using daily 100 ish miles to work and back in the summer months so dont want it too loud tbh, especially after the duke akrapovic lol

Carbon may replace the rather cheap looking plastics then I will see, maybe some GB racing engine covers ?

Hard to think what to add to such a complete package tbh

Pretty sure you can find plenty of trinkets to blow your money on.. the plastics are pretty low grade, embellished with decals not paint, no complaints from me though, I'd rather have a bike that money has been spent on R and D than dressing it up in a paint booth.. have you had a blast on done ?

Pretty sure you can find plenty of trinkets to blow your money on.. the plastics are pretty low grade, embellished with decals not paint, no complaints from me though, I'd rather have a bike that money has been spent on R and D than dressing it up in a paint booth.. have you had a blast on done ?

No I haven't, just gone for it.. crazy I know but just thought all the reviews can't be wrong lol

I have ordered the GB racing engine cover kit already .... but think that's sensible :) was going to get the frame sliders (street version) but cant work out if you have to cut the fairing or not so some more research needed there I think as I dont want to cut anything.

I doubt it will not be for me, I have always loved my sports bikes, the duke 790 was a real change for me and tbh its a great bike I just prefer an IL4 sportsbike.

I was looking at the Fireblade SP RR-R as I have had three Fireblades in the past and all have been faultless but decided it was time for a change.

Totally agree, I think this bike will stay as it is, I have spent a lot of money on bits over the years and they do make a small difference, but when I strip all the bits off to sell at some point, in most cases I realise it was a bloody good bike in the first place !

Back