Brand new S1000RR M sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro3178

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Morning guys!

Went into dealer yesterday for a chat and ended up buying a brand new RR M sport! I?ve had my Gen 1 for just over a year now and with many thanks to Stuart on here for his time, advice and most of all patience! I?ve decided to go for a new bike this time round. I?ve had a few bikes now but never a brand new one.

I would really appreciate some input guys on what I?ll need to get straight away for the bike and also advice on running her in as this is something I?ve never done.
When the time comes down the road to possibly change the can , I?m not going for a full system this time round, I have the full Austin racing system on my gen 1 and it?s just too loud, if I?m out on a long ride I find it really unpleasant and that?s with ear plugs! Lol

Once I take delivery I?ll post up some pictures

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get yourself some ppf and rad guards ASAP. Prevention is better than cure.

You're also rev limited until the first service (600 miles) so just use it as normal to run it in, as long as it's not all motorway it'll do the job itself.

Last edited:
As above, the first 180 miles is done at <7k rpm and then from 180 miles to 620 miles you?re allowed to go to 9k where there is a hard limiter in place, so you?ll never be able to exceed this. 9k in 6th is 126 mph.

They recommend varying speeds up and down the gearbox preferably twisty hilly roads.

Get yourself some ppf and rad guards ASAP. Prevention is better than cure.

You're also rev limited until the first service (600 miles) so just use it as normal to run it in, as long as it's not all motorway it'll do the job itself.

Is PPF a diy job or best done professionally ?

I done my HP4 and MV F3 a couple of years ago, the beemer was straightforward, some MV parts were a real pain in the tits.

I'll give you a hand with the beemer if you like..

https://www.invisiblepatterns.co.uk/gallery

My two are on their website, you can clearly see how good my work was or anyone's for that matter lol..excellent service from Invisible Patterns btw !

f53d8568422cd94af5cb77bf9ddd85b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I done my HP4 and MV F3 a couple of years ago, the beemer was straightforward, some MV parts were a real pain in the tits.

I'll give you a hand with the beemer if you like..

https://www.invisiblepatterns.co.uk/gallery

My two are on their website, you can clearly see how good my work was or anyone's for that matter lol..excellent service from Invisible Patterns btw !

f53d8568422cd94af5cb77bf9ddd85b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Nice one Stuart! I?d really appreciate that mate

I did the PPF myself, both my Gen 4s. Pretty straight forward, just a bit time consuming. Watch a couple of videos on YT and borrow the gf/wife/partners hair dryer.

Break is between 400-600 miles, mine flicked up saying it needed its first service at 400 miles.

Back