2017 chain and sprocket options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMAC77

Reaction score
Hi all, I?m in the process of changing my chain and thought I?d get recommendations for sprockets while I?m at it. Mainly road riding and I?m not concerned about weight so what is the best option for a slightly overweight rider?

Kris

Sprockets

Renthal, alpha Racing, Afam, Talon, Supersprox, JT? they are all pretty much the same and you?ll never notice the difference between any of them.

As mentioned previously they are all about the same standard/ quality. Most people buy by eye, and opt for matching the colours to the bike.

I for some reason have bought, by tensile strength, so I bought a 3D chain and it?s excellent quality.

Thanks gents. Tensile strength was my thinking. At least now I have brands to consider.

For chain DID or Tsubaki - check the type of joining link (hard or soft rivet) matches your chain breaking/riverter tool or you could have extra expense.
For sprockets Renthal or Supersprox

I used a combination of Supersprox and DID chain on my last bike and I found that the Supersprox rear sprocket showed virtually NO signs of wear after about 12k miles. Was very impressed with it and after cleaning, it still looked good as new. DID chain, likewise, once I'd gone through the early stretch / adjustment phase, settled down and really didn't need adjustment for last 6000 miles.... so well pleased with that combination.

Back