Tank grips/pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
What we got? Pics showing them please?

I noticed some scratches to the tank yesterday after the ride out so I should have got some from the beginning but it had completely slipped my mind. I?ve always used Stompgrips and I have a set of the Eazi Grip Pro tank grips and pad on the wife?s K7 GSXR 600.

I?m considering trying the Eazi Grip Evo version but was hoping to see a set fitted to the Gen 4 especially a black one.

I want them sooner rather than later to stop them from getting worse plus it?ll serve a purpose when on track and road riding briskly.

I have stompgrips on my Gen2 that came with the bike, very grippy but consequently rub up the leathers quite a bit.
I used techspech before on GSXR600, these are good and don't damage leathers.
(sorry no photos)

Looks like we're at the same stage Wull, you keep putting up same questions I'm thinking about, my running in service is next week.

That looks like the Pro version Fraggle? They seem to be the 2nd of 3 levels of grip. The Evo version looks like it would 'rub up' leathers just like Stompgrips (not sure I am fast enough to care about the extra grip the Evos undoubtedly offer). Have also thought about the Tech Spec Gripsters, but again there are two types, Snakeskin and X-line, interested in thoughts on them too.

I have the X-line on my bike and like them. Grippy but also kinda squishy since foam like thus more comfortable. Had Snakeskin in the past but they rubbed off on some tan rokker jeans I have. Not noticed that (yet) with the X - line.

If it helps, I'm using the EaziGrip Pro on the Tuono and they are more than grippy enough for road use (new bike -VERY slippy seat and tank!)

I think the 'Silicone' variant is the 3rd version they do (Evo/Pro/Silicone), and the one they recommend for commuting. I was hoping the Pro would be good enough for some track use.

BMW are bringing out a set, don?t know when but these where on there site few months back. I?m waiting on these
fa93306ee0e254bedbb579cf6e0d46ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank Grips/Pads

BMW are bringing out a set, don?t know when but these where on there site few months back. I?m waiting on these.

You would probably be far better off buying Stompgrips, EaziGrips or TechSpec tank grips. They will all likely be just as good and far better value for money.

Looks like we're at the same stage Wull, you keep putting up same questions I'm thinking about.

Have also thought about the Tech Spec Gripsters, but again there are two types, Snakeskin and X-line, interested in thoughts on them too.

I had the techspec snakeskin, compared to stompgrips not quite as grippy but didn't rub up leathers.

I had the techspec snakeskin, compared to stompgrips not quite as grippy but didn't rub up leathers.

I?ve had a look but the website is a bit shit and doesn?t really show much, plus the options from the drop down boxes are very vague. I?ve emailed them anyway for some more info.

Is there not two types available? The Uk distributors website is pish.

Yes it is!. It has two menu options, top one is old bikes, bottom one current models... they told me three weeks ago that the right code is 62-1021, and that they only had the newer Xline in stock right now... but I don't know if that's what the pics show....

Yes it is!. It has two menu options, top one is old bikes, bottom one current models... they told me three weeks ago that the right code is 62-1021, and that they only had the newer Xline in stock right now... but I don't know if that's what the pics show....

See that?s what annoys me, clearly state what?s in the pics so we can make a proper decision and know exactly what we are purchasing.

I have the Eazi-grips ego on my Gen 4, I?ll try and pop out tomorrow and get you some photos.

I like them, offer more than enough grip on the tank for my needs and haven?t bothered my leathers

BMW are bringing out a set, don?t know when but these where on there site few months back. I?m waiting on these
fa93306ee0e254bedbb579cf6e0d46ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These look interesting as they have the extra bit on the panel below the tank, where a lot of my knee is making contact, that no other grips provide.

The in-person stompgrips on a gen 4 I?ve seen didn?t seem like they were shaped properly, close, but def not following the tank lines 100% like my gen 3 stompgrips.

Back