Evening All

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phelix27

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After owning a plethora of sports bikes e.g. blade, R1 etc and then some touring bikes (following being punted off my Tuono by a learner driver), I?m now negotiating the price on a 2017 S1000RR as I?ve had my eye on the BMW for a good few years.

Hopefully I?ll take delivery within the next week or so and I can contribute properly to the forum.

In the meantime I?d be grateful to know if the 2017 model has anything I need to look out for or any extras I should be buying.

Looking forward to hearing from the collective.

Many thanks
John

Welcome, Assuming it's a Sport with DDC (electronic suspension). Then the best ones have the HP Forged Rims fitted which are like HP4 rims but matt black and 7 spoke (I think).

2017 is the first of the Euro4 spec Gen3's as we call them. Has a beefed up generator and various other tweaks. They are largely bullet proof for motorbikes in this segment.

Just by way of an update, I?ve got a 2020 gen 4 bike arriving on Saturday (red and black). To say I?m excited is an understatement.

I?m trying to figure out what mods I need straight away and which ones can wait. I?ve gone with the rear bobbins so I can put it on the paddock stand. I?m now wondering if the radiator and oil protectors are more important than the crash bungs, in case of dropping it.

Exhaust, screen etc can probably wait a while as protecting certain parts are priority in my mind.

Same as Bananaman for me on my HP4.. 8 years on and still solid..

I got the BMW plastic ones fitted to my Gen 4 when I bought it, they only cost 70 quid..pretty sure you can buy direct from dealer for the same bread.. Worth checking out .

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back