New S1000RR Gen 3 owner saying Hello from Cambridgeshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polyfiller

Reaction score
Hello all. Did a deal on a 2018 Gen 3 yesterday with less than 2k miles on the clock. Moving up from a ZX9R (which I've had for 6 years and loved it). I don't get to collect my new bike until next week (waiting for new tyre delivery). I'm not the most patient person so I'm climbing up the walls already with anticipation.

I already hit up Ebay for;

Evotech radiator guards
Stompgrip tank grips
Motografix tank pad
Evotech tail tidy.

And there'll be more to come ... no doubt ;-)

Am pleased I found a dedicated S1K UK forum..... looking forward to ownership and plenty of braappp brapppp ;-)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

What tyres have you gone for?

Shall look forward to hearing your feedback on the RR in due course, they?re amazing machines! [emoji41]

Thanks for the welcome all. Oli - I've gone for M9RR's......I have them on my ZX9r and love them. I'm not a super fast rider and the M9's give me great confidence in dry and even damp conditions. What I like most about them is they warm up real fast on road rides. I previously had M7RR's and those took a lot longer to heat up, and would twitch around a bit until they were warm.

I've been a bit busy on Ebay since ordering the bike. So far I've bought; EVOtech tail tidy, EVOtech frame sliders, Stomp Grip tank grips, Motografix tank pad, Evotech radiator guards, Motograffix front fairing paint protectors.

M9RR?s are excellent tyres, the M7RR?s were always very popular on here.
I?ve just had a set of Michelin Road 6?s fitted to the XR.

Evotech kit is excellent [emoji1305]

Be interested in how the PR6's work out ... had PR5's on my K1300s and loved them.... although I did manage to overheat them on the softer edges. M7Rr's were Ok when they warmed up, M9RR's better all round, especially warm up time.

Have to say, not tried to fit evotech kit yet, but their online instructions look shite.

Back