Brake lever height

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to achieve a better height with the brake lever on the Gen 4, after the first few rides I find it too high for my liking so yesterday I had a brief look at adjusting it and it?s very limited by the wiring from the switchgear and throttle.

I was able to adjust it ever so slightly but ideally not as much as I?d like, anyone else had much joy? Just a case of suck it up and deal live with it.

Do you mean lever span or rotational height from the bar?

I change my levers to different ones that have good adjustment for span. You may be able to loosen the clamp and rotate for the height however I've not tried that.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

No the height, up and down movement by rotating the bracket around the bar.
I take it the gen4 switchgear is screwed into the bar like previous gens...and the bar doesn't rotate?

I think clip ons will be the only solution if you can't get comfy...

I don?t know for sure but I?d imagine so. I don?t want to go down that route so I?ll just make do with it, it?s not the end of the world, I can live with it.

Clip-ons

The controls on the Gen 4 are screwed to the clip-on which makes adjusting switchgear and brake position virtually impossible. If your predominantly riding on track then it?s worth ditching the OEM clip-ons for better adjustability. That and they have a nasty habit of damaging the fork tubes in the event of a crash because of their bizarre design.

Re: Clip-ons

The controls on the Gen 4 are screwed to the clip-on which makes adjusting switchgear and brake position virtually impossible. If your predominantly riding on track then it?s worth ditching the OEM clip-ons for better adjustability. That and they have a nasty habit of damaging the fork tubes in the event of a crash because of their bizarre design.

Do you have a picture showing your clip on set up? I?m sure I?ve seen that you?re running the alpharacing clip ons but wouldn?t mind seeing a picture of the set up. I?d maybe considering an aftermarket set up, I wasn?t going to bother but I do plan on a few track days and I?m sick of having issues with lever set up which I had on my last bike.

The brake lever hose tends to have all the switch control wires zipped tied to it which restricts the position somewhat. You can cut these off to give you a bit of slack. I just use the OEM rubber straps.

The brake lever hose tends to have all the switch control wires zipped tied to it which restricts the position somewhat. You can cut these off to give you a bit of slack. I just use the OEM rubber straps.

The problem is more with the wiring that comes out of the throttle. I can?t move the bracket any more downward as it?s applying enough pressure already to the wiring, I?d have to move the switchgear or somehow get more play in that wiring to maybe allow more movement but I can?t see it as it?s right where it goes into the housing.

Might be worth posting a pic. I have Alpha Clip ons (For the reasons RyS1000RR mentioned) I don't have an issue with the wires limiting the position of the brake master cylinder (I've an after market one)

I will do. It?ll be the standard set up that?s restrictive, it will explain why the initial height of the lever was obviously too high, very noticeable when I rode it.

Back