S1000RR Sport 22 - Back in the fold

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E069-D730-9-EEA-4-C49-8-FA4-ABB7-E7-AB06-B8.jpg

Some more miles added, up to 185 miles which means according to the manual I can go to 9k rpm until the 600 miles is reached.

Statue

Some more miles added, up to 185 miles which means according to the manual I can go to 9k rpm until the 600 miles is reached.

Good to see you racking up the mileage. That statue in the background represents a legend of a man. Those that know, know.

Bike is looking great Wull. Looks like you are enjoying it

RyS1000RR - The Phantom Major?

Bike is looking great Wull. Looks like you are enjoying it

RyS1000RR - The Phantom Major?

David Stirling founder of the SAS. He was born and lived nearby.

My great uncle was a drill sergeant in the SAS so a lot of respect for them and all British forces.

Another 116 miles added today, currently sitting at 339 miles so getting there.

They wanted a nose at the bike :welcoming:

84708-A32-D935-4-FC2-BACD-4374-CE52-DA64.jpg

99-D5-B03-B-B534-4177-8-A41-7-CD3614-ECA52.jpg

019743-AE-D044-40-C0-9511-DCD3-A920-B754.jpg

Finally back home

5-C1-D9-E51-A26-D-4-EE7-9757-994718-B71-E9-A.jpg

How come the plod wanted to have a look?

They were stopping all bikes just to check they were all legal and road worthy, usual at the start of the season.

He didn?t actually have a close look like the picture suggests, I said to him I?m going to take a picture and he said I?ll get stuck in about it like I?m having a proper look lol!

Take it the guy was OK.. some of them are actually human lol

Must have been OK with your plate n all, looks like an 8x6 same as mine..Happy days.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Take it the guy was OK.. some of them are actually human lol

Must have been OK with your plate n all, looks like an 8x6 same as mine..Happy days.

yeah he was sound, it?s a 7x5 and he never even noticed it. I always run a 7x5 and because it?s in keeping with roughly the same shape (visually) as standard they don?t really notice it.

That?s the bike booked in for its ?run in? service this Wednesday coming. I have ordered the activation code for the gps lap trigger as well.

I?m looking forward to being able to open her up and get by that 9k brick wall I?ve been having to deal with.

Went out today to take the mileage up to the run in service amount, currently sitting on 626 miles which means I can leave the bike until Wednesday and ride straight to the dealership for the service.

I?m looking forward to the limiter being removed, bike is running spot on, no issues.

6-D107705-CCF1-4-BAE-8-B76-CF9-EDAF25-F8-A.jpg

AA5-C0-CE7-CEDB-4402-9-C30-00042-D769-BE4.jpg

E2656305-4882-40-E7-BDB5-F64663-A57-FF5.jpg

That?s me back from the dealership, bit of a wait whilst the activation code was being uploaded but that?s it done now. I?ll purchase the gps lap trigger data logger after pay day and that will be me set for some track days.

The roads were a bit busy but yep??..the bike is a ballistic missile, front end wanting to lift once it gets by 9k in the higher gears. I?ll have to adjust the brain to this one. I think I was still in 5th there, tbh I have no clue as everything was a bit of a blur. A good 1-1.5k rpm left as well. Love it!

52-A6030-D-7213-42-E1-8958-E2-D3060-E6166.jpg

Lol.. mine was higher than that the other day on the run into Crianlarich..

I'm always cautious about smart cops asking if they can look over your data on your phone..at least we'd be cell mates for a bit if they did

Lol.. mine was higher than that the other day on the run into Crianlarich..

I'm always cautious about smart cops asking if they can look over your data on your phone..at least we'd be cell mates for a bit if they did

just checked and it was 5th, roads were too busy could barely get moving. On the road to Crianlarich it should be flat out, ripped the arse out of it many a time up that way.

-14ft altitude... You didn't do a Guy Martin and attach some water skis to the bike did you?? :)
Surely there's nowhere in Scotland below sea level...

Last edited:
Back