Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: S1000RR Sport 22 - Back in the fold

Riding
    S1000rr sport red

Re: S1000RR Sport 22 - Back in the fold

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    That’s the bike booked in for its “run in” service this Wednesday coming. I have ordered the activation code for the gps lap trigger as well.

I’m looking forward to being able to open her up and get by that 9k brick wall I’ve been having to deal with.
    hello, what do you mean by the code? ive tried to find my lap timer as i know ive had it working once by accident, but i cant find how to do it

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Ste M View Post
    hello, what do you mean by the code? ive tried to find my lap timer as i know ive had it working once by accident, but i cant find how to do it
    He has the M-GPS Datalogger and laptrigger unit fitted. It needs a code to work.

The standard manual lap trigger does not need it.

Riding
    S1000RR K67

as above, I have the M gps lap trigger and data logger fitted which allows you to check all data via the lap top but also makes the lap timer automatic, no need to manually trigger it each lap. It has hundreds of circuits preloaded but can also be set up manually to learn a track.

For it to work you have to purchase an activation code from BMW which is separate to the trigger itself, it was roughly £80 for the activation code and the gps lap trigger and data logger was £610. If you look back a few pages you will see it being fitted and how it looks.

Riding
    S1000RR K67

also, go into sport which then gives you the sport dash view, when viewing this dash you will see to the right hand side of the screen there is an arrow, using the multi controller switch press to the right and it will go to the second sport screen which has the lap timer display, when in this display if you press the flasher it will activate the lap timer and thereafter each lap is triggered via the flasher switch. There will be a debounce setting which means you can’t activate another lap until the period is passed, I think its 30s set up from factory.

Have a play, get used to how it works, also, I think you have a further two displays when pressing the multi controller switch to the right, another thing I found is when you start the lap timer you can come out of the sport display and go back to the original pure display and the lap timer will still work even when you press the flasher, it goes to the next lap not a problem.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wull For This Useful Post:

Riding
    S1000RR K67

Finally ordered the Evotech Performance crash bungs, now fitted! I think that’s it for the time being, nothing else I want to fit, I was contemplating the screen protector but going to leave that for just now. Hopefully I’ll get a few track days in now.