S1000RR Sport 22 - Back in the fold

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s the bike booked in for its ?run in? service this Wednesday coming. I have ordered the activation code for the gps lap trigger as well.

I?m looking forward to being able to open her up and get by that 9k brick wall I?ve been having to deal with.

hello, what do you mean by the code? ive tried to find my lap timer as i know ive had it working once by accident, but i cant find how to do it

hello, what do you mean by the code? ive tried to find my lap timer as i know ive had it working once by accident, but i cant find how to do it
He has the M-GPS Datalogger and laptrigger unit fitted. It needs a code to work.

The standard manual lap trigger does not need it.

as above, I have the M gps lap trigger and data logger fitted which allows you to check all data via the lap top but also makes the lap timer automatic, no need to manually trigger it each lap. It has hundreds of circuits preloaded but can also be set up manually to learn a track.

For it to work you have to purchase an activation code from BMW which is separate to the trigger itself, it was roughly ?80 for the activation code and the gps lap trigger and data logger was ?610. If you look back a few pages you will see it being fitted and how it looks.

also, go into sport which then gives you the sport dash view, when viewing this dash you will see to the right hand side of the screen there is an arrow, using the multi controller switch press to the right and it will go to the second sport screen which has the lap timer display, when in this display if you press the flasher it will activate the lap timer and thereafter each lap is triggered via the flasher switch. There will be a debounce setting which means you can?t activate another lap until the period is passed, I think its 30s set up from factory.

Have a play, get used to how it works, also, I think you have a further two displays when pressing the multi controller switch to the right, another thing I found is when you start the lap timer you can come out of the sport display and go back to the original pure display and the lap timer will still work even when you press the flasher, it goes to the next lap not a problem.

Finally ordered the Evotech Performance crash bungs, now fitted! I think that?s it for the time being, nothing else I want to fit, I was contemplating the screen protector but going to leave that for just now. Hopefully I?ll get a few track days in now.

83506-ABD-86-ED-4-DE3-A74-F-731-CEDD0-C088.jpg

0-A9-FF559-988-B-46-F5-A91-A-C51-B23880358.jpg

356-B91-CE-F824-4007-A439-68-FD89-EE1-EC4.jpg

CAC068-AC-6240-4-A6-F-9709-B0-BDFB61-E420.jpg

1-E25979-F-3-F5-F-4126-88-FC-26-D214-FD8-F09.jpg

It?s been awhile since I posted in here, I?ve managed two track days in that time which went relatively ok, well not exactly but I?ll get to that.

The first one was a track evening on the 18th of July. Turned out to be the hottest day at that point, the day after was forecast to be even hotter which I think it was down south but up here it was much the same.

I rode the bike there which isn?t too far, took a backpack with water, some tools for adjusting the preload and pressure gauge. I?d borrow a pump if need be.

I left the tyre pressures at 32f 30r, I also left the preload on the road settings, I was going to change it but after the first outing I decided to leave it be and just continue at the pace I was going and enjoy it, bike felt relatively ok and I felt good so that was that. 2hr open pit, didn?t bother changing tyre pressures either, I was happy with the settings. The recommended cold pressures on track for the Michelin Power RS is 29.7f and 27.5r but again I just left them at 32f 30r.

I initially had the DTC on 2 +3 or whatever it was and it was far too intrusive, absolutely killing the power coming out of the hairpin so I knocked it back and then finished with the bike in race and even then it was intrusive at the hairpin but I was enjoying it, for being overweight and so unfit I felt like I was doing ok, not too tired. I was pretty sore riding home though.

https://youtu.be/q_sDlTY8e9k

Since the bike went off the road for the winter I purchased and fitted the 2D potentiometer, I went with the R&G bump stops and shaved a little off the radiator shroud giving perfect clearance for it.

I was considering the full Akrapovic Evolution system but money was tight so decided to purchase a GP slip on for the time being and then further down the line sell that and get the full system when finances are better. But, I?m having a mare with Akrapovic, I?m a little disappointed in them. I?ll do a separate post shortly about that.

Other than that nothing planned, I?m happy with how the bike is just now, I?ve got a set of power cup 2?s to stick on, the Power RS?s are pretty much done.

Annual service at the end of the month as well.

I had to check a few emails there just to get the dates. I think I purchased the GP can at the start of March, and it arrived on the 15th which I didn?t mind, there was a slight delay but that was fair enough, there was no rush for it to be honest.

I purchased it from Road Race Performance Shropshire, and they?ve been great, the end can had arrived to them packaged up and they packaged it their end and sent it to me. When I opened their package I was greeted with a ridiculously well packaged end can, as you?d expect. I opened it up and removed the end can and had a quick look, the first thing I noticed was a slight gouge but it was so small and in an area you wouldn?t really see that I would probably have let that slide, but then I noticed a rattling noise, every time I shook the van gently there was a rattle.

So I had a closer look and found that one of the rivets had failed and wasn?t sitting flush as it should be, it?s a few mm out and the broken part was rattling about within the can. It was a clearly a fault during the manufacturing process, so I wasn?t happy about that.

Fast forward to now and from what I can gather the exhaust has been sent back to Akrapovic and they are waiting to hear back from them. They were supplied the pictures immediately and have been piss poor in dealing with it, they should have sent a replacement out to RRPS ready to be dispatched to me when the van was returned to RRPS.

It?s been nearly a month now and I?m getting a bit annoyed, not with RRPS but Akrapovic themselves, I?d expect much more especially when it?s to do with items that cost a lot of money.

I?ll attach pics showing the damage

And just to add I could easily fix this but why should I, when that much money has been spent I expect top notch kit, not something that?s been put together by a ******* idiot.

Very strange for them. Really someone should have sent you a replacement and dealt with Akrapovic in the background

Akrapovic have finally dispatched the replacement, they obviously received the crap one back and wanted to make sure. I mean c?mon to ****, when RRPS received it back that?s when Akrapovic should have sent the replacement out.

Anyway, it should be here sometime next week, I?ll be checking it as normal.

The replacement finally arrived. I?ve stuck it on but I?m still not happy. First of all, there was still a slight rattle when I lightly shook the can, which has me thinking have they just redone the rivet themselves (akra) but not removed the broken bit within the can????? There is also a rivet head which isn?t perfectly flush, not as bad as before but still noticeable when you have a good look.

Also at the end of the can just under the outer sleeve there is a scratch/scrape, I?ll attach a pic showing this. I?ve taken pics and a video which I will send to RRPS, but of a joke for something that costs roughly ?700, I?d fully expect perfection and nothing less. I am a pernickity coont and sometimes it can be misplaced, sometimes I need to just say ?it?ll do? but this is not one of those cases. Bit fucked off tbh.

What does a good rivet look like just for comparison?

It is tardy for sure. Think I'd get the Arrow cone instead at this rate.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

What does a good rivet look like just for comparison?

It is tardy for sure. Think I'd get the Arrow cone instead at this rate.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

if you zoom in on the picture that shows the scratch look at the rivet above, see how it sits flush, that?s a good river and that?s how it should look.

The whinging aside, here?s a few pics and a short vid showing the bike at idle with a few blips of the throttle. This side of things I?m pleased with, I think when you keep the Cat then this is the better looking end can and will give you the best gain in noise, albeit it?s very subtle.

On start up and idle it?s very hard to hear in the video but there is slightly more of a deeper note, I?ll have to wait until I?m out and about to see how much difference there is especially when the exhaust valve is open.

It?ll keep the neighbours happy as well but the plan is to still purchase a full Evolution system when money is better but I imagine that will be a long way away yet, so this will keep me happy for the time being. When that time comes I?ll sell this can which should sell easily enough.

https://youtu.be/PBFH2xgqpH0

Back