1 piece leathers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
At the moment ive only got a two set piece of leathers, looking at buying a 1 piece next weekend. mainly to wear at track days but also the odd ride out.

The RST airbag range have caught my eye, ideally I dont want to spend over ?700. What does anyone recommend please? Are the airbag suits worth the extra expense

Depends on your budget, I think the RST is a no brainer..its a brilliant VFM bit of kit, my subscription hiatus finishes this month just in time for track season...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Not tried one on but the RST's do seem best vfm.
Airbag tech is next level...Marquez should be in plastercasts after that highside, not walking away...

The RST air bag suit is good. I have a jacket for the road, and the pro series for track use. The Pro series is a snug fit when compared to a road going 1 piece suit. I have the RST non airbag TracTechEvo which is super comfortable for all conditions
The airbag system is controlled by a thing called In&Motion, a French company. You have to pay for a subscription to activate the functionality. Without that it's just a 1 piece suit, the air bag wont go off.
As I have the 2 items I swap the in&motion thing (1 subscription per activator thing) between items, and swap the motion detection mode (in the app) from road to track. Yes your jacket gets it's own app !!!
The less flexible you are, the more road oriented cut of the suit you need. You can't stand up straight when wearing the full race suit but you will look like a MotoGP God.

Airbag Suits

If you don?t want to spend anymore than ?700 then your likely limited to just the airbag suits available from RST. They are great vfm and very well made but you do have to pay a subscription fee for the airbag. Dainese and Alpinestars airbag suits are also extremely good but cost considerably more. Personally, I wouldn?t ride on track without one as mine has saved me from injury multiple times.

What Ive been doing, eventhough it may not look that great. Is using my existing leather suit with a Dainese airbag vest on the top.
Its just another option if you dont want to fork out on a whole new suit. The coverage of the Dainese airbag Vest is considerably better than their airbag jackets.

Thanks for ther replies, its not a set in stone thing getting a airbag suit, i just thought it was a nice option. Being able to buy a jacket seperatly sounds good though. How much are the subscriptions?

There is no denying the RST one Piece is great value. My neighbour has just picked up the Pro Series it seems their quality is much better than it was several years ago.

I looked at their airbag system before i bought my AlpineStars Tech Air race amongst other options. After reading about the subscriptions and how you have to pay extra for track use on top of the standard subs i decided against it. And call me skeptical but I really didn't like the idea that my airbag would only work if I paid my subs. What would happen if there was an issue with the payments and someone at In&motion switched off my airbag?

Anyway i took the plunge and bought the Tech Air Race and GP Pro V2 suit. It was a chunky investment overall (Bought the suit first and vest later on) But i never ride without it now. The Tech Air Race is a CE2 back protector as well, so if it failed you still have full spine protection. It is switchable for road and race/track use via the app. The difference with road use is the vest detects low speed crashes below 30mph and getting rear ended, T-boned etc. In race use it automatically arms at over 25mph and stays active until you stop moving after about 5 mins from memory. The suits lights on the arm indicate the status of the airbag, active, battery level or faults. It needs to be serviced every 500 hrs or 2 years, which ever comes first.

Thanks for ther replies, its not a set in stone thing getting a airbag suit, i just thought it was a nice option. Being able to buy a jacket seperatly sounds good though. How much are the subscriptions?

I paid ?127 for the annual sub in Nov which includes the track option.

I looked at their airbag system before i bought my AlpineStars Tech Air race amongst other options. After reading about the subscriptions and how you have to pay extra for track use on top of the standard subs i decided against it. And call me skeptical but I really didn't like the idea that my airbag would only work if I paid my subs. What would happen if there was an issue with the payments and someone at In&motion switched off my airbag?

The suit / vest wouldn't become active - ie the lights would not go green.

Update on this for everyone who posted. I went to J&S the weekend and tried on LOADS of different suits. I just couldnt find one that fitted properly. Im not a massive lad but ive a 50 inch chest so struggled to get a good fit. Ive also got big shoulders so I really struggled getting them on and off. To the point I was getting a bit clostrophibic about it as I was panicking.

The lads where brilliant and got me loads of different fits but I couldnt find one suitable. I then tried on a 2 piece and basically decided to stay with what Ive already got. The two piece is ok for track days so no issue and if i want i can always get a airbag vest.

Ive decided to go for a top pair of boots instead now. Looking at the alpinestars supertech r

I tried a pair on in j&s and I've always like them. The pair I tried on were 400 ish. The next pair up where 700.

I'm going to go back and try both on and go from there. Daytonas are awesome boots with awesome reviews. Same as the others to be fair

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I stuck a bid in at 150 on those lol... sitting at 51 quid just now.. just realised mine are 45s not 44s, so if I win I'll punt them on

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Just been to try the alpine on, way way to tight width wise, to the point my foot is still hurting, they dug right into the side of my foot. Off to go and try the daytonas on again soon so probably going with them as they felt good the other day

1pc Leathers

I just couldnt find one that fitted properly.

You may want to consider Made-to-Measure. My last two Dainese D-Air race suits have been M2M and they are fantastic. Alpinestars, RST and Dainese all offer the service for their airbag suits.

Just been to try the alpine on, way way to tight width wise, to the point my foot is still hurting, they dug right into the side of my foot. Off to go and try the daytonas on again soon so probably going with them as they felt good the other day
i went from A Stars smx plus to the A Stars supers and wished i stayed with the SMX plus. well comfy. Any one know if there is any standard these boots get tested to like the sharp helmet tests?
Mut

Back