It's worth complaining..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My Gen 4 is in for it's annual service (12,000 miles) and I gave Barnstormers a long list of stuff that needs doing...

It's a March 2020 bike in registration but it was built at the end of 2019. As you may know I've modified it a lot but I wanted the clutch updated to the latest design, TFT screen/ECU/Electronic Suspension/Fuelling software updated to the latest and greatest and Germany has agreed to all my demands and they sending the parts over.

Stuck with a F900R loan bike for a week but it's actually grown on me. It would be a blinder if it had a sports gearbox ie Long first gear, then the rest close ratio instead of the GS style evenly spaced gears but it's proper torquey, revs and pulls forever and is so, so light even compared to a Gen 4 RR. Blinding brakes because of the light weight. Proper entertaining. Personally, dare I say it.... way better than a GS. It's got a normal front end so you get a proper feel compared to the big heavy GS that has that horrible front end that gives a dead feeling as if you are wearing oven gloves....

J

Hope all is updated the way you want. Also, what is this about an updated clutch design? When was that implemented in new models? Thx

Updated clutch design? And software updates? I have an early 2021 and find the clutch/engine difficult when moving away from a standstill....

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Mine is impossible to get into neutral apart from a stone cold engine and a dead engine. The hotter it gets you can?t even get it into neutral coasting or dead engine. The dealer said there?s a knack and watch him go up and down between 1st & 2nd for ages and he gave up. Yep, it?s a known problem? we?ll contact Germany. Since my bike was built, there?s been various software updates for pretty much everything. Newer bikes probably have them. Mine is very hit and miss on starting. Pops bangs and stalls. Thankfully it was a BMW installed Akra system, BMW map and air filter installed by the previous owner at Barnstormers so Germany can?t real complain. I?ve also complained about the corrosion on the in-anodised radiator and oil cooler but forgot to ask if they are being replaced. Didn?t they learn from the oil sump fiasco. J

Interesting about the clutch change making it easier to get into neutral (if I understand you correctly). I say this since my 2021 is very easy to get into neutral which surprised me since every you tube video I saw showed it to be a chore. Point is maybe I have the updated clutch in my 2021 (build date 12/20)

My Gen 4 is in for it's annual service (12,000 miles) and I gave Barnstormers a long list of stuff that needs doing...

It's a March 2020 bike in registration but it was built at the end of 2019. As you may know I've modified it a lot but I wanted the clutch updated to the latest design, TFT screen/ECU/Electronic Suspension/Fuelling software updated to the latest and greatest and Germany has agreed to all my demands and they sending the parts over.

Stuck with a F900R loan bike for a week but it's actually grown on me. It would be a blinder if it had a sports gearbox ie Long first gear, then the rest close ratio instead of the GS style evenly spaced gears but it's proper torquey, revs and pulls forever and is so, so light even compared to a Gen 4 RR. Blinding brakes because of the light weight. Proper entertaining. Personally, dare I say it.... way better than a GS. It's got a normal front end so you get a proper feel compared to the big heavy GS that has that horrible front end that gives a dead feeling as if you are wearing oven gloves....

J

I pretty much had the same done to my first Gen 4 (2019 bike). I am not sure if Bahnstormer will take you down the route as Oxford BMW, but they first had to try the oil restrictor mod (doesn't work). They stated Head Office insists on this first. It was back a week later. While it was there it had the latest software update that made a difference to the cold starts and suspension settings. However once the new clutch was in, it was a dream to find neutral and it was generally a better both on road and track. I'd also say neutral was easier to find on that bike than my brand spanker.

They gave me an XR1000 and i really liked that bike, bar the seat which was like sitting on a piles cushion.

Barnstormers went straight to replacement hardware as I?d pointed out in my letter the oil restrictor doesn?t work. I?m trying to get new anodised radiator and oil cooler but haven?t heard back yet. J

I must have got lucky on my bike, easy to get into neutral and is silky smooth pulling away. Mine is a late 2020 so perhaps I have the updated clutch

I picked up my bike last night..... Bliss, I can put it in neutral just like a jap bike. Fantastic!

I also have feel when I launch the bike from the lights. It's new and needs bedding in but it's only going to get better.

Haven't had much of a chance to check the other changes out but as soon as the weather picks up like last weekend, I'll do a good couple of long runs. J

J

Back